Third Party Press

Interesting MG34 manufacturing footage.

Was this a newsreel clip shown in movie houses?

Do you think Gustloff (then) is a good guess for the location? GunKraut spotted the Gustloff lathe shown above. My other thought was Maget since Goring had a majority from VIAG and the advertising couldn't hurt. I also saw still photos of him with employees previously.

Gern geschehen! :happy0180: If you want to learn German, you could read a book synchronal as example "All Quiet on the Western Front" by Erich Maria Remarque. You get this book in English and German.

Yes, this one was part of Die Deutsche Wochenschau No. 593 from January 14, 1942.

I tend to Gustloff, but I'm still not sure.

Gern geschehen! :happy0180: If you want to learn German, you could read a book synchronal as example "All Quiet on the Western Front" by Erich Maria Remarque. You get this book in English and German.

Yes, this one was part of Die Deutsche Wochenschau No. 593 from January 14, 1942.

I tend to Gustloff, but I'm still not sure.

Thanks for more information. Now I know that voice which is so familiar to me is Harry Giese. I'll try to find more episodes but I'm not sure how many are available because of copyrights? It seems only a fraction of the 755 are easily accessible.

barrels

Pete

I was hoping you saw that line of guys straightening the barrels you and I had that conversation on the phone once and when I saw it yesterday I almost sent you a PM
Have seen similar in (I think) a Brit film. Interesting how they do it by eye, a very trained eye.
Pete

called in sick

I did notice that. The coils of metal coming off the cutter on the lathe was pretty impressive, especially for early war. Imagine that scene in '45?? How about the guy running the hammer forge without gloves?

Yeah, the OSHA guy must have called in sick that day.
Pete

Thanks for more information. Now I know that voice which is so familiar to me is Harry Giese. I'll try to find more episodes but I'm not sure how many are available because of copyrights? It seems only a fraction of the 755 are easily accessible.

You are very welcome! Yes, the copyrights are the reason and I also know just the half of the produced episodes.

Military Rifle Journal
Back