Third Party Press

WWII Radom suggestions

upgrade

Just curious if anyone could tell me any info about this pistol? I came across this pistol at a local shop but didn't think about taking more pictures other than the one because I didn't know much about this pistol. It does have Nazi approval stamp on the left side of the frame "77", grips look to be altered to me(sanded), and I wasn't sure about the missing safety on the left side of the frame. I've read that there are a few different wartime variations and some of my concerns reflect the different variants. Any info that you guys are willing to share is appreciated!

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_4493.jpg
    IMG_4493.jpg
    281.4 KB · Views: 123
Polish Radom 9mm - adopted like many occupied countries firearms, by their unwelcome occupiers, in this case the Axis forces of Germany's Third Reich -
Supposedly favored by Paratroopers -
It's kinda heavy so I am not sure about this - my reading has shown them to favor smaller, pocket sized autos Sauer 38H, etc., the Para story was probably a way for some enterprising post-war salesman to sell them - like the black widow Luger.

Wikipedia (and the sales room tag in your photo) tells you all the technical details - but it is an elegant Browning style design, and original magazines and holsters are available.

Those wooden grips look spurious in your photo - you can get original looking replacements easily enough - someone has screwed with the rivets/placeholders a bit - buggered the heads - a good shooter maybe?
$575 with holster and mag? - I paid $600 for mine and was VERY happy - but, it's a bit cleaner than that one.
Mags are $100 or so, and holsters $150-$200
The grip safety seems a bit "sprung out."
Do some research, if you still like it, after a few days, go get it.

Here is mine:
Qwk6y6Il.jpg

fab5KsSl.jpg

DaFYkL7l.jpg

LmLlSnVl.jpg

Last edited:
Without the serial number it’s hard to tell you exactly what it was. It was made without the rear lever but it’s been apart or messed with. Grips are not WW2 and grip screws aren’t either. It looks like it may be a very late one though, the takedown lever is the last type- could help the value? But, finish looks poor- for that money you could put a little more and get a better looking blued one. But, if it’s a k 8900 serial or later I’d probably buy it at that price, doesn’t appear to have final acceptance markings which would make it worth that.....barely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And if I read the price tag correctly, it is a rig with a spare mag and holster...with a spare mag and holster, I'd probably pull the trigger at that price, pardon the pun....

Just curious if anyone could tell me any info about this pistol? I came across this pistol at a local shop but didn't think about taking more pictures other than the one because I didn't know much about this pistol. It does have Nazi approval stamp on the left side of the frame "77", grips look to be altered to me(sanded), and I wasn't sure about the missing safety on the left side of the frame. I've read that there are a few different wartime variations and some of my concerns reflect the different variants. Any info that you guys are willing to share is appreciated!

Thank you in advance.

I am still learning about these so please take that into consideration. I have one Radom in my collection and I had to look pretty hard for it. I had two Radom advanced collectors help me look it over before I bought it just to make sure it was correct.

This one looks tore up from the floor up (to me). It looks to be either a “two lever” type or was a “three lever type”. It really doesn’t matter because at this point if it was a three lever (with safety), it looks to have had the safety lever taken out and three pins slammed in the frame. If it was a “two lever” (without safety), it looks like the original three pins were removed and these three were slammed into the frame to keep the pistol together.

Next, the grips look like someone took some wood and just made grips for it. The finish is awful.

Another thing you have to check is the recoil spring assembly. A lot of these had a small pin that keeps it all together that broke and replaced by a wire.

The price is a very high shooter price for this. If it were me, I would pass on this on this one as there are way too many nice ones to be had.

To learn more about the Radoms, go to Jan C Still’s site as there are a bunch of knowledgeable Radom collectors there:

http://luger.gunboards.com/forumdisplay.php?1-Jan-C-Still-Discussion-Boards-Gunboards-com

Last edited:
If the one next to it is serial number 5400 ish, that is the one to check out.

It looks like this one is a second B serial number and was phosphate, or has a little phosphate left. If the mags and holster are nice, it may be worth the price though. When a roll pin late war gun has been taken apart it is a real turn off to me though. The grips are a real minus as well.

There is no safety on these. The third lever was for disassembly. The slide lever is a hammer drop. Great guns.

Yes, didn’t notice the serial was on the tag. Anyway, seems like op has disappeared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I say its worth it, even if gun is a bit over-priced, the cost of a holster & mag make it worth it IMHO

I am still learning about these so please take that into consideration. I have one Radom in my collection and I had to look pretty hard for it. I had two Radom advanced collectors help me look it over before I bought it just to make sure it was correct.

This one looks tore up from the floor up (to me). It looks to be either a “two lever” type or was a “three lever type”. It really doesn’t matter because at this point if it was a three lever (with safety), it looks to have had the safety lever taken out and three pins slammed in the frame. If it was a “two lever” (without safety), it looks like the original three pins were removed and these three were slammed into the frame to keep the pistol together.

Next, the grips look like someone took some wood and just made grips for it. The finish is awful.

Another thing you have to check is the recoil spring assembly. A lot of these had a small pin that keeps it all together that broke and replaced by a wire.

The price is a very high shooter price for this. If it were me, I would pass on this on this one as there are way too many nice ones to be had.

To learn more about the Radoms, go to Jan C Still’s site as there are a bunch of knowledgeable Radom collectors there:

http://luger.gunboards.com/forumdisplay.php?1-Jan-C-Still-Discussion-Boards-Gunboards-com

Yeah...me too....:thumbsup: Sat with John and Bob for a good bit before picking mine...couldn't be happier with it...

Thank you again everyone for your input, I probably will be headed back out to this shop in a few week and I'll see if I can grab a few more pics for everyone to check out.

Military Rifle Journal
Back