Third Party Press

ZF4 "Bodenfund"

rohling81

Hi, while looking for a ZF4 I came across an L marked scope. The guy that sells it claims he found a couple of them in his attic when he moved in.. anyways I'm sorry that this is another of "these" posts but I'm totally new to this and read on claus espeholt's webpage that there seems to be a lot of fakes out there especially marked L ones..

The seller wants about 1000 euros for the ZF4, lens cover and rubber eyepiece.

Please take a look at the pictures and tell me what you think, any help is much appreciated.

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 71
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 55
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 52
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 57
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 60
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 52
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 70
I am not the best at identifying these L marked scopes as legit. It is good to see the turret it also marked L. But I can say that I think 1000 euros is way too much money. Good luck in your purchase/collecting and welcome to the forum.

I am not the best at identifying these L marked scopes as legit. It is good to see the turret it also marked L. But I can say that I think 1000 euros is way too much money. Good luck in your purchase/collecting and welcome to the forum.

Thank you! 1000 is a high price I believe so too, the seller claims its worth because of the good condition the glass is in.
Can you give me an estimate in pricing for a scope like this? That would be very helpful!

I guess this is the seller from former East Germany. He has been selling these scopes for years now. I bought one many years ago and can attest that at least the one I received was a real Luftwaffe scope. It had one tiny rust spot and the optics were just a hint cloudy. No big deal. Back then he sold scope and covers separately, I think I got my scope for about $500. As far as I remember, the seller lived somewhat close to the city of Suhl which was the the home of Krieghoff. Having scopes stashed away in attics by war's end makes sense to me.

There was another seller on eBay/Germany about 3 years ago who must have found a trash pit where the Walther factory unloaded weapons parts. He sold several original G43 scope mounts, MKb42 grip sticks and some Walther-made Volksgewehr parts.

I guess this is the seller from former East Germany. He has been selling these scopes for years now. I bought one many years ago and can attest that at least the one I received was a real Luftwaffe scope. It had one tiny rust spot and the optics were just a hint cloudy. No big deal. Back then he sold scope and covers separately, I think I got my scope for about $500. As far as I remember, the seller lived somewhat close to the city of Suhl which was the the home of Krieghoff. Having scopes stashed away in attics by war's end makes sense to me.

There was another seller on eBay/Germany about 3 years ago who must have found a trash pit where the Walther factory unloaded weapons parts. He sold several original G43 scope mounts, MKb42 grip sticks and some Walther-made Volksgewehr parts.

You nailed it! That is much relief on my side, thank you for the input.

Gents,

I don't agree.

First, you have to consider the USD/EUR exchange rate. 600USD makes 500EUR or so.

Secondly, the scope is brand new with original package, cover, rubber piece.

I had also bought one of these scopes and resold it in the US two years ago, I believe for 850USD approx.

To me, 1000EUR is too high but 700EUR is more acceptable, therefore 800USD

I doubt anyway he will accept to sell for less anyway

Max

Gents,

I don't agree.

First, you have to consider the USD/EUR exchange rate. 600USD makes 500EUR or so.

Secondly, the scope is brand new with original package, cover, rubber piece.

I had also bought one of these scopes and resold it in the US two years ago, I believe for 850USD approx.

To me, 1000EUR is too high but 700EUR is more acceptable, therefore 800USD

I doubt anyway he will accept to sell for less anyway

Max

Agree, 700 was my estimated buy price too.. seems fair enough!

Hallo,

there are a couple of these scopes out there. The seller sells them from time to time at ebay.de and last offer was sold for approx. 500 € (scope + covers).

Best regards,

Georg

Hallo,

there are a couple of these scopes out there. The seller sells them from time to time at ebay.de and last offer was sold for approx. 500 € (scope + covers).

Best regards,

Georg

I got a message from Claus Espeholt just now, he thinks the scope and the attachments are genuine too but also mentions the price being a bit too high.

500 with the attachments will probably be too less at least if I would sell it, but 600-700 I aim for.

Danke für deine Antwort!

Military Rifle Journal
Back