Third Party Press

Killer G41 (W) from Jack the Dog

Nice one. He will sale some of my collection at some point. He gets 25-33% more than other sellers so his commission. in effect, is less than Zero. He get some of the best stuff and knows what it is.

G41

Jack is honest and takes great pictures. He doesn't hide anything. I have been watching his auctions for 15 years and only won 3 items in that time. He certainly gets retail plus for the guns. But, when you get something from him you don't have any regrets.

g41

I was watching this on and off... I was asked where this one had been seen before ??? I know I remembered seeing it but, can't remember where ?

JTD has been @ this for as long as I remember and his auctions are the perfect template for anyone looking to list something. But, as some have tried his results cant always be replicated by others.

I see it shot up a bit in the end and was hovering around 6k last I looked. I think he charges a straight 15%.

It is listed in the serial number list of Claus Espeholt, so must had been somewhere around previously.

I was watching this on and off... I was asked where this one had been seen before ??? I know I remembered seeing it but, can't remember where ?

JTD has been @ this for as long as I remember and his auctions are the perfect template for anyone looking to list something. But, as some have tried his results cant always be replicated by others.

I see it shot up a bit in the end and was hovering around 6k last I looked. I think he charges a straight 15%.

Funny, I kept thinking the same thing, I've seen this one before, I think the serial number is what stuck, it was posted and discussed here a couple of years ago

http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread.php?17105-G41-(W)-AC-Auction-Messed-with

and on Dave's forum

http://ww2weaponsforum.com/showthread.php?13796-G41-W

Looks like the extractor was replaced at some point.

Give JtheD credit, he is outstanding with his pictures and has built a loyal following on GunAuction.

Thanks, Nick

Just to go over some of the concerns in the previous thread. It was thought that the rear band was re-numbered, the E/359s on receiver were fake, and the stock stamps were fake.

1. The rear band numbering is not ground down and re-numbered. Here are other examples. Notice that all appear to have grinding marks.

Rifle that just sold
G41.jpg

Other examples of early Walther G41 (W) rifles
G41 (W) Push botton (9).jpgG41 1942 Walther 2 (12).jpgG41 1942 Walther 3 (7).JPG

2. The Large E/359 stamps are not fake. The E/359 on the receiver always seems to be brighter. Possibly it was stamped through the blue?

Rifle that just sold
G41 2.jpgG41 3.jpg

Other examples
G41 1942 Walther 2 (3).jpgG41 1942 Walther 3 (19).JPG

3. Here is a comparison with other stock acceptance stamps.

Rifle that just sold
20171224121014-1444[1].jpg

Other examples
G41 (W) Push botton (11).jpgG41 1942 Walther (36).jpgG41 1942 Walther 2 (6).jpgG41 1942 Walther 3 (17).JPG

I believe that this was fantastic rifle. Price was high, but a very desirable rifle.

Agreed, it is an outstanding example, I wasn’t trying to cast doubt on it, only that the last time it came up it generated a lot of discussion. Rifles that nice don’t come up often,

Thanks, Nick

I can tell you that Jack the Dog actually researches stuff he sells. I think he’s a good seller myself and has some great offerings. I don’t know him but I wouldn’t mind him selling some stuff for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that price was probably right. It’s a correct G.41 that just isn’t seen around much where it’s 99.9% “collector grade correct”. There’s just not that many out there like this. Especially a neat early one like that.

So it sold for $6,500 in 2014, then for $10,500 in 2015, was returned for missing extractor, resold for about $7,500 in 2015 with unserialed replacement extractor and now sold for about $9,000 in 2018.

Sounds about right.. I now remember it.. Iron man arms sold it on GB I think ? then someone posted photos and we noticed the extractor missing..

Sounds about right.. I now remember it.. Iron man arms sold it on GB I think ? then someone posted photos and we noticed the extractor missing..

Yes it was Ironman arms! Son of a bitch I knew I saw this one and thank you for the links to the threads guys.

Military Rifle Journal
Back