Third Party Press

... 41 cut .....

tbied2

.. been kinda slow during this cold stuff. so;;.. i had bought a really junky g41 deer rifle last week. i had heard that 41 barrels were screwed or maybe pressed in. took a wizz wheel to find out... i guess during assembly.,, the barrel is screwed in and then pinned;; .. and then the chamber is reamed.... to size...??
( the pin is in the bottom, no pic...) .. this was a really late duv43 .......

next 045.jpg

next 061.jpg

Last edited:
I have a spare barrel for show and tell. $150 at the local gun show a couple years ago. No need to cut up a receiver to find out if the barrel is screwed in or pressed in.

Oh that’s really neat information.

Is there any way I can please get the serial number to this one? I’ll report her as deceased in my listings.

Thanks, Kelly

It looks to be friction welded or shrink fitted at the front portion, probably to secure it in place.

It looks to be friction welded or shrink fitted at the front portion, probably to secure it in place.

The barrel is only screwed in and then secured with a pin. The collar in tbied2's pictures appears mangled, opposite to the one I own (mine has also been removed from a duv rifle). You can see the collar on the barrel I own is also slightly scratched, but only around half of its circumference and only from the pin hole down towards the threaded end. Which means, there was some metal debris from removing the pin and during unscrewing the debris got between the receiver and the barrel collar, lightly scraping the surface. Check out the hammer marks on the face of the collar, from the op rod hitting during cycling. Doesn't make the barrel look all that hard, does it?

DSC00121.JPG DSC00093.JPG

41 .

.. most of the rifles i part out are junked hunting guns. i always take a pic of the receiver serial number for license / disposition records. usually send serial number to espolts. and, the most i ever got for a stripped barreled receiver was about 25 bucks. some rifles gotta die so others can be restored....

new 013.jpg

.. most of the rifles i part out are junked hunting guns. i always take a pic of the receiver serial number for license / disposition records. usually send serial number to espolts. and, the most i ever got for a stripped barreled receiver was about 25 bucks. some rifles gotta die so others can be restored....

View attachment 167157

Thanks. I’ll check my listings and add it if it’s not there.

That second receiver in the photo, what is it? Hard to read.

Military Rifle Journal
Back