Third Party Press

Hi from Holland

MikeJansen2017

Hello fellow Mauser lovers,

Due to some very nasty personal events that happend in my life I haven't bein active here since my first post last year,so I'll introduce myself again.
My name is Mike,I'm 32 years old and I live in Holland.

I bought a 1941 contract Mauser,and maybe you guys can help me out with it?

It's numberd H 1313. It has no Portugese marking on the stock,but a Waa135 stamp on the other side.It's 99% matchting,the lower barrel and that holds the sling has nr 26.Possible a war reparation as it looks as worn/old as the rest of the rifle. Bluing is good,but has strong sings of wear. It also has a lot of deep dings,dangs and scratches if you look at it closely,so it looks war issued. It does not seem to be sanded or refinished. Has the German HEGE logo with a few approval stamps.In Germany there is actually a law that every military issued rifle that a person wants to use for sports or hunting has to have the gun officially re-examined and HEGE is one of the company's tho does that. No import markings. Iv'e bein told that early H numbers where never send to Portugual, but where used by the Whermacht. Can someone confirm this? And that about the failing Port crest in the stock? I've seen more of those online,but it seems strange.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg10.jpg11.jpg12.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Mike, welcome to the forum.
You may refer to other post about Portuguese Mauser in this forum.
Generally speaking there are no historical evidence of the use of H block by Wehrmacht while some F and G rifles have been reported wearing the X stamp as usual for Russian capture.

I'm Italian citizen living in Amsterdam; may I ask you where you bought the K98k in The Netherlands?
Regards Fabrizio

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Military Rifle Journal
Back