Third Party Press

German Red Cross Dagger

GetFuzzy2

Greetings

Here's another item from a vets basement I picked up, An enlisted men's Red Cross Dagger, unholmarked, great history to the dagger and it's use but I can not figure out the numbers on the cross guard. Is it a unit number or roster? Thanks for your help. I can also post more pictures if needed.

Safe Travels

Attachments

• 45534.jpg
    45534.jpg
    298.8 KB · Views: 48
  • 45535.jpg
    45535.jpg
    303.4 KB · Views: 46
Nice original EM NCO DRK red cross Hewer I have never owned or seen either EM or Officer model marked by a maker most of the literature on daggers say that is because these weren't put on the open market for private purchase like armed forces models IE is Extra Waffen KS98 dress bayonets and were issued by DRK authorities in other words Govt contract items. Yours looks in good shape these often see some pretty hard use as they were a tool for removing splints etc. There is a bayonet type leather frog the EM model takes but it is much wider than the bayonet model most of the EM I have had a cracked reverse grip the smooth one front obverse checkered grip was ok. The accourtments frogs, EM dress portapee silver/blue can get pricey you are probably right on the numbers fairly hard to find unit marked DRK anyway good find there! timothy

Military Rifle Journal
Back