Third Party Press

Walther Meisterbüchse (serious collectors DO NOT LOOK!!!)

Fal Grunt

Tongue in check, but this has to be one of the worst examples I have seen. Poor girl has had a rough life.

It was up for auction towards the end of last year and I threw a low dollar bid on it due to what appeared to be some issues. A friend wound up bidding on it because he wanted the scope off of it. He won it, took the scope and sold me the rifle for a reasonable sum I couldn't turn down. As I have never seen one of these for sale in person, I thought I would add it to the collection. He shot it before removing the scope and said it shot less than 1" @ 100 yds. More than adequate for me. And now I have one in my technical reference library.

I am looking for a rear sight and front sight. I do not wish to install a Lyman 48 on it unless I cannot find an option for the rain. Several are available online, but I am hoping to find an older vintage sight set. I will eventually scope it, once my already terrible eye sight completely fails. :facepalm:

Attachments

• IMG_4953.jpg
    IMG_4953.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_4954.jpg
    IMG_4954.jpg
    289.6 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_4955.jpg
    IMG_4955.jpg
    295.6 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_4956.jpg
    IMG_4956.jpg
    280.9 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_4957.jpg
    IMG_4957.jpg
    297.6 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_4958.jpg
    IMG_4958.jpg
    293 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_4959.jpg
    IMG_4959.jpg
    284.5 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_5076.jpg
    IMG_5076.jpg
    297.2 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_5077.jpg
    IMG_5077.jpg
    299.5 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_5079.jpg
    IMG_5079.jpg
    301.1 KB · Views: 75
If you cannot find original sights, for a front sight you can use one of these from cz-usa. 452 455 512 #1 . this sight is wider than the Walther front sight dovetail but can be narrowed to fit by using a whetrock to remove material from the bottom of the cz sight. (Time consuming)

A removable rear sight from a Romanian Cugir will fit and is practically indistinquishable from the Walthers barrel mounted rear sight but they can be as hard to find as the Walther. There are other German rifle makes that use an identical rear sight but the base may be machined to fit a 10mm rail rather than the app. 11mm of the Walther barrel rail. Those would require some machine work to fit of course.

Last edited:
I am going to check and see what other front sights/22 front sights fit. I suspect the replaceable front sight on my ms 410b will fit, but have not had time to check. That would at least give me dimensions to go off of.

She certainly got a full going over. I guess I have a completely different mentality in life. If there is a "system" present, I tend to use that system. Only if the system is found lacking do I improve upon it. In this case the dovetail arrangement present will work nicely, as it was designed. I suspect that in 1946 however, options were limited.

I was actually quite shocked once I started looking, 11mm/3/8" dovetail rings are readily available from a number of sources in a number of price ranges. I may scope this one with rings and a modern scope for everyday target shooting while I keep an eye out for a more suitable vintage arrangement.

The trigger on this rifle is absolutely an incredible piece of work. I have never seen a trigger so refined yet so simple. Compared to the trigger on my Anschutz, this Walther is SIMPLE, yet, works just as well!

Tongue in check, but this has to be one of the worst examples I have seen. Poor girl has had a rough life.

It was up for auction towards the end of last year and I threw a low dollar bid on it due to what appeared to be some issues. A friend wound up bidding on it because he wanted the scope off of it. He won it, took the scope and sold me the rifle for a reasonable sum I couldn't turn down. As I have never seen one of these for sale in person, I thought I would add it to the collection. He shot it before removing the scope and said it shot less than 1" @ 100 yds. More than adequate for me. And now I have one in my technical reference library.

I am looking for a rear sight and front sight. I do not wish to install a Lyman 48 on it unless I cannot find an option for the rain. Several are available online, but I am hoping to find an older vintage sight set. I will eventually scope it, once my already terrible eye sight completely fails. :facepalm:

Walther rear sight 1.jpgWalther rear sight 2.jpgWalther rear sight 4.jpgWalther Olympia shaft  70429 04.jpg

I have your Walther front sight and rear sight (personal reserve)
You can join me on email : bgcollector@gmail.com
Have a look on my web site : www.kkw-dsm34-22lr.com

Military Rifle Journal
Back