Third Party Press
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Most expensive RC I've ever bought - ce41 VN capture

Hey Buddy, is that an E/4 in your pocket?

Also is a plausible explanation to the several rifles I looked at in shops/shows over the years that seemed to be RC rifles but held no import marks. Only a few come to mind but all were completely in disastrous condition.

Nice! Any info on the person that brought it back?

No, bought it off GunBroker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Order the new K98k book at www.thirdpartypress.com
    Don't forget to visit www.latewar.com for info on late war 98k's.

That's cool, not Mitchells cool, but cool...

That last pic, the thre B-40's on the wall, I have an RPG2 and rocket I could sell you to go along with it...you can start up a whole VC/NVA captured equipment collection...

The GI's called the RPG-2 the B-40 rocket....

ETA My bad, there are 4 B-40's...

Very nice.
    I'm more curious about the bent bolt Mosin Nagant in the black and white photo. Likely a sniper sans scope, but almost useless sans front globe sight, especially without a scope! Quite curious if it had a scope/mount and that was taken by someone prior to being placed in the pile. Reminds me of a MASH episode where Radar is all impressed with someone's 'trophy mosin' when really in the episode it was a North Korean who had snuck into the camp for food.

I obtained a Russian capture Kar98k and a 91/30 sniper rifle minus the scope on I believe my third tour in Vietnam.Both rifles were in very nice condition.I didn't keep either one or take pictures.At the time they were just captured rifles.I traded them for two cases of T Bone steak to a civilian who supplied the club system.

How are the bores on these Vietnam Mausers?

t
    The Universe is Change, Life is Opinion. Emperor Marcus Aurelius, A.D. 173
    Bun-San 2009-2017

My fathers sniper mosin came back sans scope. It was presented to him literally on the tarmac leaving to Saigon by the deputy of the ARVN officer he worked with, and has a brass plaque that the ARVN officers had put on the black varnished stock.

The bore is a black hole- am sure it is not a safe shootable prospect but a valuable heirloom nonetheless! Years later I found the right scope when I was in Berlin.

Very interesting thread, thanks for those who served and VN is always of more interest since I went in in 72, exactly one year following the guys end of tour of duty, which was correctly exactly one year.

Looks like that pile of weapons was buried, many were on the trail. I see the scopeless PU. Would choose the BAR if I had a choice.

I find it odd, probably a mistake, that a MSGT was listed as an E-7 and should have been an E-8 then or an E-7/SFC on the capture papers. Probably a type writer problem, for those who can remember using them.

Nice CE, especially for a RC and VN gun. Thanks for posting.

Not all RCs are created equal.
    Last edited by mike radford; 01-08-2019 at 01:39 AM.

The rank was not necessarily a typo.MSGT E-7's and SFC E-6's did exist in the Army at one time.One of my Platoon Sgt's in Vietnam was an SFC E-6 who was recalled from retirement.