Third Party Press
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 337 1939 scored today

Does the serial 3188a make a new high for this 337,Law puts high at 9295 no letter suffix

We have a high of 3535a in volume 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Order the new K98k book at www.thirdpartypress.com
    Don't forget to visit www.latewar.com for info on late war 98k's.

Hey Buddy, is that an E/4 in your pocket?

Son of a bitch............ my grail. First I have noticed that didn't have an e/46 proof on the butt and t-guard too.

Time too review the owner its me.

Guy's this has got too be the best find for me in over 10 years of collecting. I have found some rare birds over the years but nothing like this. Anyway this rifle was found at the Indy 1500 show. A show that really is not considered a gun show anymore. Walk into the show this morning too get my table ready with a friend, and a couple of my collector friends came over too me. They said there is a guy on the other side of the building with a couple of 98k rifles for sale. Told me they look like bring back types. Little pricey for us they said but your the guy who's knows these, go check them out. Early in the show and went why not, low crowd and no one was buying yet, still early. Truth be told I wasn't planning on buying much wanted too save funds for the SOS show. They were on the gentleman's table like they said. First one I looked at was a 1939 42 Luft rifle with a duffle cut, pricey but original with some stock issues. The other one was rolled on its side. I turned it over and what came up was a 1939 337! I was dumbfounded and shocked too see such a scarce and rare gun at this show. Looked it over and waited for the guy too get back from the restroom. Didn't let it out of my reach either lol!

Asked if there was any history on it and he told me the original owner was a Supply Sergeant during the war in Patton's Third Army. Would trade stuff with other GI's all the time for rifles, badges, etc. Brought home alot of stuff. For years these guns were stored in a big box in his basement. When he died his son got all his stuff and wanted too turn the firearms into the police department! Lucky for us a friend of his contacted this seller who bought everything he had. But he was selling the guns off not his field and wanted too move them. Sold them off as a private seller at the show. Told him I would be right back too get funds if he would hold it for me. He put it under the table.

Contacted Mike as well when I got back too my table. Luckily for me he was in his safe playing with his Mausers and he got back with me haha! Told me in a nice way get your butt over there and buy that freaking thing! So I did and he threw in a really nice original sling as well. So its in my collection now and I will post more of it up when I get a better camera. I will say this its a combat warhorse with carry wear but its original and untouched. Still has that layer of grease and grime where the action meets the stock. I do believe this rifle has never been taken apart. The few pictures I provided too Mike were from my cell camera.

I'll keep you all posted and be damn sure too bring it too the forum gathering!
    "Don't use your musket if you can kill 'em with your hatchet"

Major Robert Rogers 1757 Founder of the U.S Army Rangers

Incredible find! Congratulations!

Right place and right time! Good score Jordan

Beavis the Cornholio mdarnell19's Avatar

Very nice score Jordan.

Is that a scope you have in your pocket?

Great Way to start the YEAR !!!!!!!!!

Great find and cool story of how you acquired it Jordan!

Mind: Blown.

OUTSTANDING score and a great story, many, many congratulations to you!
    Best,
    Pat
    For My Fallen Brothers:
    WW 2001
    WS 2004
    MD 2009
    JH 2009
    ER 2009
    DS 2009
    DN 2009
    WB 2014

Never Forgotten.