Third Party Press

337 1939 scored today

It's such a great find and I really like the story how you got it, congrats to this outstanding and very rare K98k Jordan! :happy0180: I hope you get soon your new camera to show more of this rifle.

It is still a little early and nevertheless you could start already the end of the year thread "Best finds of 2018", or do you want to wait and present a matching BSW 1936?

Regards,
Stephan

Hate to say it, but you’ve said numerous times you collect Erma. So I’m gonna have to go ahead and ask you to post the 337 to the trader. Thaaaaaanks.

Hey I'm a Gustloff junkie! But these are dream codes too us collectors. In our minds finding one of them is like saying "Yeah right keep dreaming and find something else thats not quite as rare."

Some more info on the vet. He basically lived a quiet life out in the country in Spencer Indiana in your basic farm house. Most of his service stuff in the military was thrown away by his ex-wife many years ago, sadly from what the seller told me. To be honest they couldn't even locate a picture of him when he was in the service. All that was left from his military life was his guns, a few daggers, and some other military items. To think these firearms were almost turned into the police department! I'm trying too locate some more info on this guy but I'm not finding much.

Going too break the rifle down tonight and hopefully get it posted up by the middle of this week. Would have done it yesterday but I had two newborn calves born Sunday. I'll keep you all posted.

Congratulations on such a find! I was excited just reading the story, that's outstanding.

Alright I wanted to give everybody an update on the information on this rifle. Got as far as I could taking it apart tonight I have to stop by my gunsmith's shop tomorrow. Cannot get the front trigger guard screw out. Has a lot of grease and grime packed in there he has a better Gunsmithing screwdriver set than I do.

Anyway got the original sling off which took a little bit of effort don't think it ever left the rifle and all these years. Sometimes hard to believe that leather this old can look that good after being stored in a basement! Both barrel bands match including the band spring, handguard matches as well. Got the matching buttplate off and got the stock maker and date of manufacture. Marked kr 32-38 for the 32nd week of 1938. Stock has not been duffle cut either. The entire bolt group matches as well all the way down to the firing pin. Everything else I see on the rifle matches to such as the trigger guard group, the bolt release, follower, the barrel and receiver, the front sight, the entire rear sight group including the slider.

Guys I have a good feeling that this rifle is 100% matching. I'll let you know more once I get the assembly out of the stock. Cleaning rod does not match I think the seller added that no big deal to me.

Bore is really nice too very little muzzle wear and a lot of rifling left. From looking at this rifle it's just a combat carried war horse.

And that's how I like them!

Last edited:
From what you already showed it appeared to be all matching! Can't wait to see what sub-contractor parts show up on yours. I saw several already.

Guys wanted too give an update going too have this rifle posted up sometime this weekend. Would have done it sooner but been fighting the flu all week. Be warned there will be alot of pictures going too try too get some outside pictures if its not too cold.

Military Rifle Journal
Back