Third Party Press

Renumbered 945, 1940 g. 33/40 9188d on gunbroker

... IMO, the current seller hasn't been holding this one for 10 yrs before selling. I imagine Larry E happened to buy and flip recently, and the magic happened in the past (as was already mentioned).

I agree Bob. I don't see him (or his people) doing it. He moves waaay to much merchandise to worry about shite like that. Should he have known better? Probably, but as Jordan said I really don't think he looks at all of it (or even most of it). But somebody obviously did it. Just like the whole batches of faked up rifles Ben sold out of some 'collection' recently. As I recall there was not one that didn't have some (or many) questionable parts, stamps and s/n. Somebody did those too. On a fairly large scale.

If one is mongering fairly obvious (to RKIs) humpjobs then you can't be considered knowledgeable, thus your descriptions and sales pitches are meaningless at best. Otherwise, you're knowingly selling humpjobs.

I would certainly have to agree with that Ham. I also think despite his pleas to the contrary "we just don't know", I believe he absolutely does know.

I would certainly have to agree with that Ham. I also think despite his pleas to the contrary "we just don't know", I believe he absolutely does know.

Honestly, it's probably more of a "Cover Your a$$" move than ignorance. Kinda like how Janus never claims the entire rifle is matching and original. He totally knows what he's selling

Auctioncarnie bark. "All matching" in the title and "bolt has a different number but matches itself" buried in the fine print. :googlie

Last edited:
Yeah some his auctions are entertaining. Has all matching numbers...........well besides this and that and maybe some of that. But its all matching!

You cant blame the guy for talking up some of his sales. I pretty much take him at face value at this point after reading this thread on here. Besides, after buying three rifles in the last 3 months off Gunbroker, and having unadvertised quality issues with 2 of them, I decided now to stick to only gunshows and local dealers. Both of those rifles I would have passed on had I got to hold them in person. Maybe its my OCD, but it's always what they DONT advertise or show in pics that get me. That and I dont like having to wait a week or more to get my gun...lol

Military Rifle Journal
Back