Third Party Press

Is anyone shooting an MG08/15?

Waffentag

I just got my Form 4 approved for a 1917 Erfurt MG08/15.

It came with a drum and 250 round cloth belt. I do not have a loader, So I picked up some Turk aluminum belts from IMA. They can be loaded by hand and are supposed to work in the 08/15. I need to clean the belts a bit. A friend told me to spray down the links with silicon?

I got the book the Devils Paint Brush,

Does anyone have any recommendations for ammo, belts, spare parts for keeping the gun running.

Very cool - I've only seen a YouTube video of one in action and being fired but I've handled about a dozen Canadian captured MG08/15's in various states (rust bucket to near mint) - all of which were listed in the book of capture records with date/place/unit of capture.

The lock/bolt's have amazing finish and are like a Swiss time piece.

++ to this thread.

Ive never put the turkish steel belt through mine, ive only used cloth, but my one of my buddies have, and he said it didn't work so great in his, but that just one 08/15, but he did say when he threw in his 08/15 inter war updated feedblock to fire both the cloth/ MG34 belts, and he said it ran great with that, but once again that was only one gun. Good luck Gage!

My FFL has one he rents out at his MG shoots down here in WV. He picked it up last year from a SOT who went under.

Military Rifle Journal
Back