Third Party Press

"New" K43?

Too bad we will never get any of their products here in this country...did you see the VG-5? And of course the MP-44...guess I have to be happy with my Shoei 44....

Too bad we will never get any of their products here in this country...did you see the VG-5? And of course the MP-44...guess I have to be happy with my Shoei 44....
the guns will arive on the us marked soon .

Time will tell, but I believe it could happen. How many reenactors use worn out K43 rifle that would buy a new one instead? I'd say make a version with threaded barrel though.

They tried importing the MP-44, and I believe it was a no-go...BATFE changed their minds and said no, IIRC....Maybe the G-43 would work, but the Sturmgewehr I don't think will fly...

I believe IO was going to sell the MP-44's for like 5k....so they aren't going to be cheap, probably as much as a real one....

I figured as much......but i wonder which "real one" ,Non matched shooter, matched poor condition, or matched excellant cond., pretty wide spread there ,but i figured somewhere around 2500/3000.

Probably has the deficits of the originals engineered out..hopefully....

Makes one wonder why a manufacturer on this side of the pond hasnt attempted such a thing....possibly the belief of not enough interest to make it financially feasible.

If start up companies can build Auto .50 cal , should be a breeze to build a G/K 43........its already been engineered , just replicate with needed improvements...

I am sure that is all they did... ..maybe

The MP44 rifles from SSD did make it in- PTR sold 150 of them, but there were issues with the companies involved. I have one of the PTR44 rifles, they are excellent quality and almost identical copies of the MP44.

Attachments

• DSC_0005.JPG
    DSC_0005.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC_0006.JPG
    DSC_0006.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC_0007.JPG
    DSC_0007.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC_0008.JPG
    DSC_0008.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC_0009.JPG
    DSC_0009.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC_0010.JPG
    DSC_0010.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC_0011.JPG
    DSC_0011.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC_0012.JPG
    DSC_0012.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC_0013.JPG
    DSC_0013.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 26
The MP44 rifles from SSD did make it in- PTR sold 150 of them, but there were issues with the companies involved. I have one of the PTR44 rifles, they are excellent quality and almost identical copies of the MP44.

I remember awhile back looking @ those on the SSD site , and they did look to be outstanding copies.

The workmanship appeares to be second to none.

How dificult was it to obtain? Was it an extended wait from time of purchase ,or did you receive it fairly quickly...?

It was quick once they became available. If these K43's get in, they will be a great alternative to shooting originals. I see they are patterned after ac45 K43 rifles

It was quick once they became available. If these K43's get in, they will be a great alternative to shooting originals. I see they are patterned after ac45 K43 rifles

Myself and Mike got ours at the same time , We ordered them together and are great Copies almost identical , I contacted the Company and was told that more models will be produced such as MKB42W . There FG42 2nd Model is just an awesome looking piece also
I would buy one in a second if and when they become available . JUST AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!

I have a PTR44 also and it's a gorgeous range slut and a great shooter. Some have had feeding and ejecting problems, but most (as of now) are getting the bugs worked out on them. New extractors seem to be a common fix problem as well as testing or fiddling with new or old mags. All mine needed was working mags. to resolve the feeding issues I was having. They are very mag. picky. That being said, I've only heard of 1 or 2 having any major problems such as parts breaking or the like. I've shot over 1000 rounds through mine and - with working mags. - I have no problems with it now. The only real problem have now is getting more ammo shipped to Alaska at a "cheap" enough price. I'll be reloading for this gun after the warranty has expired.

D Day

SSD pricing

The SSD clone of the FG42-II price in euros Euro's 5798
K43 clone 1998 Euros
K43 with ZF4 and Mount zeroed 2998 Euros

The ZF4 they use is the a Meopta repro made by Meopta. The same one that Frankonia of Germany sells.

The mount is the same as the one Frankonia sells as well, but I don't know who is making the mount and how close it is to the originals

I ended up ordeing one of the Meopta scopes from Frankonia and I am waiting for the German Export papers. I will provide pics and a range report when it arrives.

It is sad you can't get most of this kit in the US. Then again, we can get the kit in Canada but most people end up having problems with function, myself included.

Looking forward to the report on your Meopta when it arrives... was it expensive?

They are currently on sale so 451.84 Euro's (including shipping/insurance). They were originaly 649 Euro's but they took off 23% (sale) and an additional 19% (German tax).

More expensive than the Sarco or Numrich copies, but Meopta makes a good product, so I have high hopes. The other added bonus was the extras which includes a scope can.

Military Rifle Journal
Back