Third Party Press

Walnut KM BNZ41

What’s the deal with the stampings on the floorplate? I’m looking on mine and have the WaA623 x2 stamped where your 77 stamps are. Is there a reason they are different?

Attachments

• C0EE4175-1EBB-4C26-9B1D-AC31503C0C19.jpg
    C0EE4175-1EBB-4C26-9B1D-AC31503C0C19.jpg
    369.5 KB · Views: 33
What’s the deal with the stampings on the floorplate? I’m looking on mine and have the WaA623 x2 stamped where your 77 stamps are. Is there a reason they are different?

These bnz. 41 KM’s are obviously Steyr rifles. The WaA623 is the code for Steyr. But the Radom factory, WaA77, supplied a lot of parts to Steyr. So you’ll see a lot of mixing of WaA623 and WaA77 on Steyr rifles.

These bnz. 41 KM’s are obviously Steyr rifles. The WaA623 is the code for Steyr. But the Radom factory, WaA77, supplied a lot of parts to Steyr. So you’ll see a lot of mixing of WaA623 and WaA77 on Steyr rifles.

so there wasnt necessarily a specific order or placement for each particular stamping? should also add mine is a bnz. 41 KM too.

so there wasnt necessarily a specific order or placement for each particular stamping? should also add mine is a bnz. 41 KM too.

There is... to a degree. So each of those means an acceptance inspection by a member of a team. Whether it was visual or used some type of gauge or fitting to verify a specific machining step or process. Most makers placed them very neatly and in exact postion. Early Erma (and others) were anal. And then there's Steyr. Kings of errors and sloppy placements. Even early but later in the war it becomes very commone. Wrong stamps, upside down markings. Crooked, sloppy and even over top of one another.

Military Rifle Journal
Back