Third Party Press

clueless clown with an mp40

I am sure you saw the MP40's found hidden in Whitey Bulger's Santa Monica Apartment walls - the suppressed M3 is interesting too.

http://www.armoryblog.com/firearms/whitey-bulgers-arsenal/

Stolen from a collector, I believe - possibly a similar manner to how the fine upstanding young man above acquired his, so it may well be on the registry, who knows?

there wee a few Class 3 items stolen awhile back in Pa after one of the gunshows. the dealer is well known, Im sure over time there have been other stolen Class 3 hopefully it will get returned if on the registry

whitey bulgers MP-40's and others, bet these where left over from the Maria gun running operation rumour had it that lots of guns destine for the IRA did not make to the ship in time.

I know I’m preaching to the crowd but it’s just outrageous to me that there’s no available avenues for this MP40 to be made legal to privately own. A crime that I could find ol’ gramps’ unregistered MP40 in the attic and the only legal recourse is to turn it in, donate to a museum, or destroy it. Ridiculous. With the NFA framework as it exists, why shouldn’t a citizen be allowed to register an unregistered NFA firearm? One would think it’d be welcomed. As it stands, an individual can’t do the “right thing” even if they wanted to. We shouldn’t need amnesties; this should simply always be.

Sorry, this has always bothered me.

/rant off

Cut the receiver with a saw or whatever, turn in the pieces, then keep the kit. This would do better in the hands of a private owner than in the locker of a police department or the back room of a museum. There really aren't other options that don't involve the ATF.

Cut the receiver with a saw or whatever, turn in the pieces, then keep the kit. This would do better in the hands of a private owner than in the locker of a police department or the back room of a museum. There really aren't other options that don't involve the ATF.

Well that'd be illegal... Saw cuts are not a valid destruction method. So legally speaking there's no difference between a saw cut and fully functional mp40 or any other machine gun for that matter.

Well that'd be illegal... Saw cuts are not a valid destruction method. So legally speaking there's no difference between a saw cut and fully functional mp40 or any other machine gun for that matter.

Saw cuts are illegal for import purposes. That's a different animal than a domestic cut. And the scraps get turned in, so it's gone anyhow. Use your own judgment regardless. There is no reason this kit needs to get eaten by a smelter.

Military Rifle Journal
Back