Third Party Press

MP44 accessories.

I'd buy nothing from the Sturgess collection without hands-on inspection. He's known to have owned some items that wouldn't pass a sniff test with today's knowledge.

jesse

hard to tell about the chargers packaged that way, the pouches took new, but correct same with the brush looks new but correct

if they are correct, I would split the difference in cost with you

need better pictures or more pictures gunkraut maybe right

jack

I'd buy nothing from the Sturgess collection without hands-on inspection. He's known to have owned some items that wouldn't pass a sniff test with today's knowledge.

Agreed... Some friends have been burned, plus as already mentioned,... Impossible to judge those chargers from the photo provided.

I believe IMA was selling these same sets for $25 back in the 90's when the Yugoslavians relased all of their MP44's.

1800 Dollars? Are you sh---ing me? Perhaps I'm not into accessories enough to see great value when I see it??
Pete

Hi Pete,

If they were WW2 original cleaning kits with pouches, and accessories, and the chargers and take down tools were all original - the issue is these do not look, even through the zip-lock bag, like originals - then the price is within the realms of reason.

However - type in Sturgess in the search option at Simpsons, you will see it is being used to sell mediocre items alongside choice items, but, doubling or in the case of the MG15 magazine unloader, four times the price of even IMA - https://www.simpsonltd.com/products/c24014

It was just an observation, I thought I'd see what others thought before sharing my opinion.

I was there for the $750 FG42 sling (also from the "Sturgess" collection - but unmarked and with one disappointing photo - it's not tempting enough for me to fumble for my credit card.

All these high end collections sold, posthumously - seem to be loaded with reproductions and questionable items, I know mine will be, if it's not liquidated before my death, lol.

However - type in Sturgess in the search option at Simpsons, you will see it is being used to sell mediocre items alongside choice items, but, doubling or in the case of the MG15 magazine unloader, four times the price of even IMA - https://www.simpsonltd.com/products/c24014

It was just an observation, I thought I'd see what others thought before sharing my opinion.

See this link:

https://www.kpemig.de/Patronenausstosser-15-fuer-Doppeltrommel-15-sehr-guter-Zustand

95 Euros (~$120) for a genuine Patronenenausstosser + $880 for a load of Sturgess Collection bullshit = $1000 SimpsonLTD. Please proceed to checkout. Don't ask questions.

good

Hi Pete,

If they were WW2 original cleaning kits with pouches, and accessories, and the chargers and take down tools were all original - the issue is these do not look, even through the zip-lock bag, like originals - then the price is within the realms of reason.

I was there for the $750 FG42 sling (also from the "Sturgess" collection - but unmarked and with one disappointing photo - it's not tempting enough for me to fumble for my credit card.

All these high end collections sold, posthumously - seem to be loaded with reproductions and questionable items, I know mine will be, if it's not liquidated before my death, lol.
Good that you know what's real and valuable and what is not Pit.

The empty zip-lock bag is worth more than the contents.

If you bought this based on the photo and the mention of it being in a famous collection, the amount of money you would have lost based on the actual value of the contents that zip-lock bag is disproportionate - so, in essence you are correct.

It's a tricky hobby - one has to be alert.

Military Rifle Journal
Back