Third Party Press

Managing Attachments

pwcosol

I have finally taken photos to go with the Essay on Commercial & Export S84/98 Pattern Bayonets. I renamed each photo so when I download them onto the website from my PC, they would be oriented to the information in the article. With a smaller number of photos they usually present themselves in the order I want them to. But with larger numbers they download jumbled up, which makes viewing them in any logical order a problem. If anyone has a work-around for this (other than hosting the pics someplace else, which went away when PhotoBucket started blocking my 3rd party photos, which resulted in my cancelling the two accounts I had with them), please LMK...

Last edited:
Not the best solution, but what about watermarking the numerical order on to each picture? Watermarking or even just opening up in paint to enter the text of the number on top of the image, and then saving again as a jpeg. Then your posting could refer to the images according to the number on each picture, which corresponds to the order weather they post in order or not. Bit ackward but it would work.

Thanks for your thoughts. Have never branded photos before. However, when one moves the cursor onto a picture, the file information pops up. So, what I will do is add the unique file name(s) for each photo to where they are described in the Essay. At least this way, if some of the photos are not arranged in order, one can find them by looking for the associated file name(s). As for the Essay, thanks to Forum member commentary, I will revise or clarify some of the text. Then delete the original posting and submit it again with "Revised w/Photos" added to the subject line. Lastly, I will split the Essay over several successive messages. This would allow for posting fewer photos per page, lessen the likelihood of them getting too out of order, and exceeding the number I can attach per message...

Military Rifle Journal
Back