Third Party Press
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help dialing in Shooters Kit on ac44 G43

Quote Originally Posted by M1-Garand View Post
    .0469 converted to metric is 1.19 mm so that should work without drilling holes in the cylinder.

Mine cycles great with 1.25 mm and the piston fits very nice in the cylinder,the original piston and cylinder are in "storage",the rifle is all matching and that will keep them from undue wear.
    Well Iíve got the eBay piston sanded almost down to same size as apfeltor. Will try smallest insert first and go up from there. Doubt I will have to go up much.

Did some testing today.
    Houston, we have lift off!!
    Reduced diameter piston project worked. Inserts 1, which was slamming bolt to rear before now would not even budge the bolt with a 150 sp and 44 grains of 4064. Worked up to three, which still didn't cycle/eject. Jumped to six, the biggest in the set, and it ejected maybe 15' and chambered next round. Showed signs of hitting tape on recoil retaining plate at rear, but much less than before using insert one. Then tried number five with fresh tape. Ejected 10'-12'. Very, very slight sign of “touching” rear.

eBay piston, .433” unmodified diameter, insert one (smallest)
    FE5C9239-659B-4663-B241-16AA277D4A8B.jpg

eBay piston, .4275 modified diameter, insert five. Just touching rear.
    69AF75F3-E656-40AC-8092-75986ACCF03A.jpg7A4C9772-32CC-4AA1-AE6D-5B7D9E49D8E6.jpg

While this is a significant improvement from my initial tests, this is still not desirable. Since I ran out of daylight, I will try insert number four tomorrow. Looks like we are headed in right direction. And I was using the first Danish magazine too, which I’ve repaired so that it now works fine.
    Last edited by KneverKnew; 02-11-2018 at 11:48 PM.

Learned some new things today.
    I learned my rifle needs eBay kit insert #4 to cycle a 150 grain Speer sp over 44 grains of 4064 in a federal case. It needs insert #5 to cycle the exact same load in PRVI cases.
    I also learned itís possible for a G43 to eject a spent case and chamber the next round from the magazine, and the bolt can still not come back far enough to reset the hammer sear/trigger for the next shot. Maybe need to Waller out that vent hole a bit?