Third Party Press

Probably the single nicest 1940 42 code Luftwaffe 98k out there.

Yes indeed, it's nothing today to get a video interview, heck on your iPhone. That would be great.

Great rifle simply stunning too say the least. And glad too see both parties were happy too. You probably made that man's day 8x57! Remember gun stores are like big candy stores for adults lol!

Speaking of carrying an WW1 Era 1911 a friend of mine does carry his once in awhile and shoots it at least a few times a year. It was his Great Grandfather's 1911 that he carried in the trenches of WW1. Only thing he's done too it is changed the springs.

She's a beaut! I'd most definitely ask about his service and the circumstances behind these bringbacks!

Ask the vet about capture piles, duffle cuts and deck officers removing bolts. And why non of this happened to your rifle.

That much i do know. He mailed them home in a box he made from scrap wood never knew if they arrived because he wouldn't be home for another two years.

That is one of the nicest K98s I have ever seen, impossible to upgrade. Just fantastic. But even more I like the story, that the old vet got something he really wanted and so did you, and now you are here appreciating your new guns and he is at home inspecting and handling his “new” gun which is likely bringing back memories for him! It would be great to get some notes from him, some photos of him, and maybe even video. You did well in that trade but so did that old vet, stories like this are uplifting and heartwarming. Thank you for sharing!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That much i do know. He mailed them home in a box he made from scrap wood never knew if they arrived because he wouldn't be home for another two years.

And how and where did he get a hold of the rifle? Did he disarm a German soldier, find it in the field etc? Knowing all these details makes the rifle that much more collectible and attractive. If you don't mind sharing that is.

42 code 1940

Super MO and from the vet to boot.
Follow up on capture conditions would be ideal.

Nice addition!

I basically can never buy another 98k again. After this gun ill just be disappointed with anything else.

Fabulous 42 1940 I really like the top quality of these early k98`s . They don't make quality rifles like this today !!!!!!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

That thing is junk!

The 1911 I mean :biggrin1:

That K98 looks like its fresh off the assembly line. :hail: :hail: :hail:

Looking forward to hearing the circumstances on how the vet acquired these.
See if you can get a copy of a picture of him and his outfit buddies in theater.

Amazing rifle with some great provenance. Where in MA is the gun store located? When I lived up that way I used to hit a few during my rounds. Congratulations on a beautiful example with luger/holster to boot.

Amazing rifle with some great provenance. Where in MA is the gun store located? When I lived up that way I used to hit a few during my rounds. Congratulations on a beautiful example with luger/holster to boot.

We're in Weymouth

Military Rifle Journal
Back