Third Party Press

1918 DWM Luger

Ww1 Lugers bring a bit less than wwii, particularly when not minty. I’d say in this condition and complete with a ww1 mag value is $$850-900 give or take. Holster is another $150 or so

Congrats on getting it right from the vet....best way to do it :thumbsup:

I would say the rig would be worth close to that. That holster is stunning and not common to find in that kind of shape.
1918's are a little better than a 17 and if it were an Erfurt even better.

Given the finish of the pistol, $1000, minus the cost of a mismatched WWI mag. The holster however is excellent. Due to an order commanding all brown holsters to be blacked, brown WWI holsters are rare. The holster is $250-$350

Just my two cents. YMMV

If the guy took it home from WW2, I'm presuming it was an issue piece. Would a 25 year old WW1 Luger generally be issued with matching WW1 mags in 1944?

Sure. WWI Lugers saw issue and service all through till the end of WWII. Just like our WWI era built M1911 pistols. Some of these M1911 pistols were still in inventory in Vietnam, even though a bunch of the M1911A1s had been produced..

Have a 1917 P08 with one matching mag brought home by a vet who also brought home a cyq P38. After all, 'Ordnung muss sein!'

Had a chance to do a complete detail strip and check internal numbers, all matching. The grips are also numbered 51 but I seem to have missed that picture.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg10.jpg11.jpg12.jpg13.jpg

One more comment on your new P08.
I like it ! And although I agree with the above statement regarding Imperial and Nazi era gun values, I think you got a nice deal.
I have many from both eras, but tend to favor the Imperials myself.

Military Rifle Journal
Back