Third Party Press
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: What was everyone's very first k98k?

Also nice bore pictures guys! You’re putting some “pro dealers” to shame with those, never an easy item to capture at least for me. Even if a lot of my more collectible rifles will never see trigger time by my hands I still love to check the bore, it’s always the icing on the cake to find a crispy bore like that, I don’t really know what it is, I think it’s kind of the “what if” thinking about how much a tack driver one might be. But honestly shooting one of mine is about all I have time for anyways, and often not even that! I need to go on that note!

I was a Winchester collector in the 80s when a friend offered me a matching 147 K date in a trade. Spent a week researching everything I could find on Ks, then decided Ks were neater than Winchesters, and I was hooked. Sold all of the Winchesters and have been locked into Ks ever since, primarily Luft marked and used. Still wondering if that was a sane or un-sane move!

Quote Originally Posted by reich1900 View Post
    Nope not even close bought it back in 1967. What ever made you think it was Romanian?
    I was referring to my first K98k not yours. Meaning my 1940 660 was my first.

I would have quoted you if referring to you and I would have to by psychic to know what yours was lol.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by capt14k View Post
    I was referring to my first K98k not yours. Meaning my 1940 660 was my first.

I would have quoted you if referring to you and I would have to by psychic to know what yours was lol.

Yes, I see your point, my bad. If yours is anything like mine you did well. Just the psychic in me too lol.

Quote Originally Posted by reich1900 View Post
    Yes, I see your point, my bad. If yours is anything like mine you did well. Just the psychic in me too lol.
    Unfortunately mine had proofs peened but not too bad. All other waffenampts are there and is all matching except bolt but bolt matches itself. They even left stock markings in place

Default byf 41

Mine was my Dad's byf 41 I don't know a lot about it other than I took it to a local gunsmith to have it checked over to make sure it was safe to shoot because I was going to use it for deer hunting here in central PA and when I went back to pick it up he told me that it was in good condition and that his son was interested in buying it because he collected German WWII stuff I sold it to his son and bought a new rifle for deer hunting probably the worst choice I ever made I really wish I still had that rifle not because it was a German 8mm rifle but because it was my Dad's.

DOT-43 all matching with bring back paperwork-

Almost matching (armorer floor plate) 1940 42