Third Party Press

Dual code SS

BNZ over BCD over single ruin over a single 4

Short siderail
Scope intact
About 90%

Came across two Mausers in the back of my safe..forgot about them., and what I was told...was , the WW1 Mauser was used by a kraut near the end of the war..what seems to have been a WW1 (built into a hunting rifle) Mauser....scoped....BUT... is guaranteed German built hunting rifle....fantastic workmanship, no doubt from the 30's...

Never saw a dual code in person other than this one...only in articles from Gun Magazines.
How scarce are dual codes..?? Looking for info on the rarity of the dual code Sniper. All matching..?? But ??? 2 bands have the last 2 digits 04...and the rest of the rifle is 40.??
NOT FOR SALE...please do not ask. Just looking for info on them.
These were both brought home by MSG Charles Sapko of New York, former CSM of Fort Jay in NYC... Charlie was in Italy in WW2. He GAVE the rifles to my dad, to give to me. That was in 1954. :)

He started my interest in WW2 German items....which led to me acquiring over 100 medals, documents and blades...
Thanks for info......Top

A bnz/bcd4 SSR would be suspect. I’m sure people would be reluctant to comment without pictures. Please post some.

It is not likely an original sniper rifle it is is dual code and additionally also having a single rune. Post some pictures of it.

Dual Code

I need to finish up with some medical problems and Hospital visits....not to mention the darn snow. Will take pics. Was nearly a month ago now that my son and I found the 2 while looking for my Garand...found it.!
Next .. after the pictures....Will be to list all the WW2 German medals I have here and there...over 100 of the darn things.

Military Rifle Journal
Back