Third Party Press

Radom vis 35 question

ranger122

So I know it's a ww2 era vis 35 but can anyone date it based on the s/n? Also, I understand there were a few "types" made but which one is this? Is the collector value gone because it was engraved? The barrel, slide, frame, and grip all have matching s/n's.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_64c.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_64c.jpg
    348.3 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_2110.jpg
    IMG_2110.jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_2107.jpg
    IMG_2107.jpg
    289.9 KB · Views: 101
You have a second series A block, pretty late 44 production. Collector value? Not to WW2 pistol collectors, but maybe someone collects engraved guns (the workmanship looks excellent). I have no idea how or why people value engraved guns myself, but they probably wouldn't understand my love of Kriegsmodell rifles. That holster looks like a Gem though, is is bnz44 marked inside? That is something collectors of WW2 pistols would want out of that rig.

You have a second series A block, pretty late 44 production. Collector value? Not to WW2 pistol collectors, but maybe someone collects engraved guns (the workmanship looks excellent). I have no idea how or why people value engraved guns myself, but they probably wouldn't understand my love of Kriegsmodell rifles. That holster looks like a Gem though, is is bnz44 marked inside? That is something collectors of WW2 pistols would want out of that rig.

It may have been marked inside at one time but I cant see anything other than a smudged mark at the top. Thanks for the info.

Attachments

• IMG_4566.jpg
    IMG_4566.jpg
    296 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_4565.jpg
    IMG_4565.jpg
    293.9 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_4567.jpg
    IMG_4567.jpg
    290.9 KB · Views: 40
Interesting how he worked around the acceptance. Pretty cool IMO. I also wouldn't want to engrave a historic military weapon.

It was marked bnz 1944 - if you look in your photo of the closeup of the Waffenamt marking above the stud inside, below the stud is a purple box (barely visible) with "19" and you can see a "z" before it - it only shows up in the one photo. Anyway, you should probably just keep it all together and enjoy it for what it is.

11406636_2.jpg

It was marked bnz 1944 - if you look in your photo of the closeup of the Waffenamt marking above the stud inside, below the stud is a purple box (barely visible) with "19" and you can see a "z" before it - it only shows up in the one photo. Anyway, you should probably just keep it all together and enjoy it for what it is.

View attachment 170854

Definitely see it now. Oh yeah, I will keep it all together. Thanks again for all the info.

I typically don't like stuff like this but, this one really pushes the right buttons. Could have been done immediate post war. Traded for smokes
or what ever and done by a very skilled engraver.

I typically don't like stuff like this but, this one really pushes the right buttons. Could have been done immediate post war. Traded for smokes
or what ever and done by a very skilled engraver.

I agree, I like that one. Occasionally an altered gun appeals and this one does. Nicely done. It is a type III two lever gun which began in the Z block. Nice holster. Brown is harder to find that black.

I sure could use the holster and one of those mags if you aren’t too attached to them😂. PM me if you want to move them along. Thanks

I like the engraving and there are definitely people who collect engraved arms. There are certainly some colt peacmakers that are engraved that I would really like to own.

Military Rifle Journal
Back