Third Party Press

Sniper Soldbuch Kurland 1945 - K43 ZF4

ZF41 K98k

Based on info given, refund is being sought. Pics removed whilst this is sorted. Thanks for the help

Last edited:
On July 10, 1944 Obergefreiter Alexander Titz was wounded by a rifle bullet and because he was wounded before, he received on August 8, 1944 the Silver wound badge. On September 6, 1944 he could leave the military hospital in Bad Flinsberg (today Świeradów-Zdrój in south-west Poland) and returned to service in his unit. On October 25, 1944 he came again into a military hospital because he got wounded by a hand grenade, mortar or artillery and on October 30, 1944 he received the Gold wound badge.

At the important page with the K43 entry they refer to H. M. 1940 Nr. 205. Here is the translation of the decree:

205. Record of weapons and equipment in the Soldbuch.

1. Weapons and equipment that remain in the field army's permanent
possession of the soldier, e.g. gas masks, mask glasses, rifle, pistol, bayonet,
binoculars, entrenching tools, etc., are to be entered in the owner's Soldbuch with
their markings (for example, for weapons manufacture code and number, for
binoculars manufacturer and number, for gas masks size and number).

For this purpose, a double sheet with form is issued for each Soldbuch, which
is to be glued or stapled in the Soldbuch as pages 8 a to 8 d between pages 8 and 9.

Entries must be made by the unit and must be countersigned (with the name)
by the responsible equipment-custodian. Changes and deletions, e.g. in the event of
loss, becoming unusable or hand over individual items, the company commander
must certify by name.

The conformity of the weapon and equipment identification with the entries in
the Soldbuch is often checked by the units through muster. In the case of transfers,
the identification and entries are to be compared before the journey begins and when
the soldier reports to the new unit.

When transferring soldiers of the replacement army to the field army, the
entries in the Soldbuch should be carried out by the replacement unit.

2. The required Soldbuch sheets are sent to A. O. K. and stellv. Gen. Kdo.
without request by the Reich-printing-press. Additional demand has to be requested
from the O. K. H./AHA/Stab (Sonderstab).

O. K. H., February 16, 1940
- 89 – AHA/Stab (Sonderstab).​

Nice Soldbuch but their is alas a but.....

A.Titz was admitted to a hospital in Germany from February 16 1945 till April 27 1945 (virtually the end of the war) but according to his weapons and equipment page he was issued his sniper kit in March '45, hospitals don't tend to issue this type of equipment.

Now I have run out of time, I'll check out the 1945 entries this evening when I'am back from work.

Nice book with a good name!I always find these very interesting and own a few but I can't read them.The display with the rifle,pouches and helmet is very impressive :thumbsup:

Hello ZF41 K98k,

This evening I took a better look at the images of your Soldbuch and alas I think I have some bad news, someone upgraded this Soldbuch of a soldier that fought on the Eastern front to a much more desirable sniper Soldbuch!
The soldier of this Soldbuch didn't see any action anymore after his wound of October 1944, he was discharged from hospital on November 17 1944 and was transferred to a convalescence unit but it seems that in February 1945 his condition got worse and he was again admitted to hospital, where he stayed until the end of the war.
There is no way that soldiers that are admitted to a hospital are issued sniper equipment, the biggest red flag: you can be recovering in a hospital and receive combat equipment, this makes no sense.
Another red flag is the unit stamp used for his 1945 sniper unit: 4.zbv 567 is a unit abbreviation that makes no sense; zbv units tend to be penal units in the WH but there never was a penal unit with the number 567.
The stamps on the equipment page for the camo equipment are most likely not original, you have to be careful with these reenactors use them in their Soldbucher for example.
If you have the possibility to get a refund I would grab it.

Sniper Soldbucher are rare, very rare, alas they are also easy to fake.
The original sniper Soldbucher I have seen were all of soldiers that spend time in a Heer sniper school.

Cheers,
Peter

I was worried about that when I saw the hospital entries. I figured PeterU would step in and confirm one way or the other. I agree, try to get a refund if possible.

Between Peter U and Amberg that's much weight. I think the seller should refund without question.

Military Rifle Journal
Back