Third Party Press

Past Rock Island Auction

jack944

I didn't purchase a catalog for the past auction so I missed out on the prices realized sheet. Can someone post some examples of the good rifles and what they went for ? I looked on the website and saw a lot of stuff that was questionable.
I have never bought a rifle through RIA and probably never will. Once can still learn a lot from their auctions though.

After going there, I would NOT buy anything in those auctions with-out going there and inspecting first hand!!

i disagree. i bought an excellent byf 43 from RIA 2 years ago. i asked them for photos and they sent me photos of everything i asked for. even photos of the BORE.

I saw a lot of high prices on items in this last auction, many bids on just outright fakes- like the heavy barrel sniper made with an Israeli stock - $4000.

Joke

I saw a lot of high prices on items in this last auction, many bids on just outright fakes- like the heavy barrel sniper made with an Israeli stock - $4000.

When I saw this particular rifle and other "rare prototypes", I thought my eyes were deceiving me. I was thinking ...wow... how could I have missed these things in 25 years of collecting....

I lost all respect for them and realized either they were ignorant or shysters....I'll keep bugging the usual friends and fellow collectors...it is more fun that way. The interaction, sharing, and getting to know people is the fun part of the hunt.

How else would I have met Big Jon, Hambone, Amish Don, etc.. ??? :biggrin1:

Military Rifle Journal
Back