Third Party Press

Walther ac40 P38 with original holster and TWO matching magazines.

CanadianAR

Canadian Grizzly Eh
Staff member
This was an indirect vet buy. The fellow I got it from got it from the vet. Who is apparently still alive, and I am trying to arrange to meet him to have his story documented. The story goes, he killed a German, put hit boot on the guys chest and tore this rig off and kept walking. The belt loop repairs seem to corroborate this story, but as I said trying to get a signed account. But the rig speaks for itself. All matching including the mags. All small parts waa marked, including sear, transfer bar, hammer, slide release lever, take down lever, mag catch, hammer spring guide, slide interior , trigger, safety, mag floorplate, followers, spring plate in mag. Mags have two e/359 on spine and are coded P.38, and numbered with suffix on the toe. The grips are numbered and waa as well, with them having a factory error. There are two neatly stamped sets of numbers. I'm confident they are fine based on the source, and no tampering or attempting to overstrike the other numbers. Bluing is beautiful high polish blue, it was very tough to photograph, compared to a k98. If I am showing markings I wasn't too concerned with colours and such, but the overall shots of the holster and pistol I think best show the condition according to my eyes. Ive never seen or heard of another on in Canada, so I had to have it. Been after this one for two years.

You can see how long the pistol has been in the holster based on the muzzle indent at the bottom. Holster is gxy1941.

If anyone can make out the name I would appreciate it, I haven't gotten all his info yet. So unsure if its the Canadian or German.

So here it is.

Continued.

The Canadian vets service number, I wont be able to request records until he passes, but I'm in no rush for that.
Very light, hard to see without a flash.

Attachments

• DSC_0258.jpg
    DSC_0258.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 12
  • side1.jpg
    side1.jpg
    270.9 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC_0307.jpg
    DSC_0307.jpg
    270.9 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC_0288.jpg
    DSC_0288.jpg
    300 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC_0309.jpg
    DSC_0309.jpg
    286.7 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC_0305.jpg
    DSC_0305.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC_0329.jpg
    DSC_0329.jpg
    298.8 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC_0343.jpg
    DSC_0343.jpg
    281 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC_0344.jpg
    DSC_0344.jpg
    285.1 KB · Views: 10
  • side2.jpg
    side2.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Beauty eh? That is sweet. Can't see enough of the name. In hand does it show up better?

I tried raising the ink with some photo editing, but I still cant make much sense of it, Kacey maybe? Sometime more eyes the better,

Very nice pistol. There is no better P38 then a fully matching early pistol. Congrats buddy!

Looks like it starts with a "5,". So fifth ?? Which German words could fit? Komp. Kampf, Kust, Kriegs, a good mystery. Just a beautiful piece. Maybe the vet can add some details?

Thanks guys, I was happy.

I also thought it was maybe a 5 but couldn’t decide on the other words....

Fantastic rig! The pistol itself is exceedingly difficult to find, with two matching mags, in the rare catagory. I have no problem with those grips. Keep us updated on the research Andrew. Go get a video interview with the vet and rig! Pic sticky ref.

Ac 40

Gorgeous rig, just saw your post on the P38 forum about it. Grips are interesting being renumbered like that.

Thanks Ty, ill find the oldest most corroded box of German 9mm I can, and run this thing. LOL

Great story; great piece! Any further information or documentation you can get from the vet is only a plus. Truly incredible. :thumbsup:

Congratulations on a wonderful find. I had a b block for 20 years and traded it away. They still had that beautiful craftsmanship and high polish. IIRC that would be one of the last of its type serial number wise. I wonder if the first number was for a pistol rejected and the grips used later on your pistol? Regardless, that makes it more interesting.

Yeah, I think the ac40 stopped in the 9000 range.

Eger, a mod a p38forum told me that grips are seen like this on ac40 sometimes, the theory is that the grips didn’t fit quite right on the earlier gun so were taken off and attempted on another gun.

Military Rifle Journal
Back