Third Party Press

FG42 daylight photos.

- The parts-kit was the single biggest buy I ever made (it cost more than my MP44's, MP40, Willy's Jeep, G41(m), G41(W)) - Hell, it cost more than any of my cars, lol..

Amazing! I've seen parts kits for other weapons approach and even exceed $10k although not by much but I also understand these weapons are strong 6 figure pieces as originals so that kind of makes sense.

The last parts kit I still for sale went for $40,000 I know the person that bought it. West country guns, I believe was the seller.

Ton of tire-kickers, trade-offers (kidneys, children, etc.,), and requests to break-up the package, lol.

Have a feeling the old (new) paratrooper rifle will be going back into the gun-safe for a while.

Think I'll do a little video on it shooting and get some slow-mo action of it cycling, etc.

The reproduction internal organs worked great as did the mags, except one had something off (the feed lips I think) - the original '44 mag was obviously flawless.

Über cool. I’ll never shoot or own one unless I win the lottery. I have fired 10’s thousands of rounds from an M-60 though, which as most you guys know, was in large part based on FG-42 & MG-42. I guess I’ll have to be satisfied with that.:googlie

KJ

..I have fired 10’s thousands of rounds from an M-60 though

BTDT got the t-shirt. It's a blast, especially when it's on someone else's dime and the rules are really loose. Great platform once you understand it and get it dialed in. A small part of the 'heavy' in my tag. Like you I'll never get to experience one of these short of the lottery. Too many other things I'd spend the money on first.

I loved that heavy bitch. Carried her for two years. :thumbsup:

KJ

A buddy of mine jumped with that Pig during Operation Just Cause. He said she tried too kill him! Of course my great uncles in Nam worked with many of those bastards as well. I remember my Late great uncle Dick told me he watched many of those M60 barrels turn ruby red in long firefights.

A buddy of mine jumped with that Pig during Operation Just Cause. He said she tried too kill him! Of course my great uncles in Nam worked with many of those bastards as well. I remember my Late great uncle Dick told me he watched many of those M60 barrels turn ruby red in long firefights.

I jumped with my M-60 many a time. In fact, it was my M-60 that substantially contributed to me being 70% disabled per the VA. Bad, bad night jump and landing. Lot’s of little things went wrong and Loren got broken in many places...:googlie

KJ

I jumped with my M-60 many a time. In fact, it was my M-60 that substantially contributed to me being 70% disabled per the VA. Bad, bad night jump and landing. Lot’s of little things went wrong and Loren got broken in many places...:googlie

KJ

Sorry to hear that - I hope the VA is looking after you now.
I have had some dealings with them and they seem to be selective with their attention, and a little frustrating to deal with.

But, you jumped with an M60, and at night man, very cool.

The M60 was the genesis for the FG42 - but they are very different to shoot, bang, recoil, shake, noise-wise - although the pistol-grip is certainly similar.

My buddy can agree too that. He has many body problems from jumping so many times over the years. He does remember the Rangers during Operation Just Cause, he told me those guys hit hard when they took the airfields.

My buddy can agree too that. He has many body problems from jumping so many times over the years. He does remember the Rangers during Operation Just Cause, he told me those guys hit hard when they took the airfields.

I joined 1st Ranger Battalion 1/75th Infantry (Ranger) in late 1975, one year after the battalion formation and about 3 months after Saigon fell. Jesus, it was a lifetime ago. I was in Alpha company, 2nd platoon, weapons squad. This thread is drifting but WTH. Here are a couple of photos. Yup, top photo, that’s a 20 year old KJ...bottom picture, we were in Iran, yes Iran, before the revolution and I was being given some award by an Iranian officer. Anyway.

s1r7Ei.jpg

KJ

..my Late great uncle Dick told me he watched many of those M60 barrels turn ruby red in long firefights.

I can confirm this. In tight situations when you just couldn't stop to change the barrel the AG would spray the chamber area with breakfree and that would buy you some time. Those were some very high quality barrels.

.bottom picture, we were in Iran, yes Iran, before the revolution and I was being given some award by an Iranian officer. Anyway.

View attachment 172390

Now that is interesting! Talk about a lifetime ago! I love the first picture too. Reminds me of some of my early Army pictures. They seem to look like prison or prisoner of war camp photos for some reason.

I also hope the VA is doing right by you!

Military Rifle Journal
Back