Third Party Press

Hitler’s Garand Reprint

samuel990

Anyone have some news on this? I contacted him last summer, and decided to wait instead of shelling out for this expensive book.
F2188ABB-3171-40E6-8E8E-D4E2B988990C.jpeg

It isn't going to actually be a reprint of Hitler's Garand, he's totally redoing the book. He's splitting G41 and G43 apart into 2 books from what he told me, and Simpson Publishing is supposedly doing the printing. This is what he told me a few years back at the Houston show.

Yeah, this is a hole in my collecting library. If this project isn’t happening anytime soon, I’m tempted to shell out the big bucks for the old book but if this new project is really coming out this year, I’d rather wait!

Yeah, this is a hole in my collecting library. If this project isn’t happening anytime soon, I’m tempted to shell out the big bucks for the old book but if this new project is really coming out this year, I’d rather wait!

Exactly my thoughts. Mabey I should shoot him another email asking for an estimate?

I'm about to sell my copy of the book. I had planned on putting it on ebay, as I've seen the silly prices they bring, but I'm willing to cut someone here a better deal if there is interest.

I'm about to sell my copy of the book. I had planned on putting it on ebay, as I've seen the silly prices they bring, but I'm willing to cut someone here a better deal if there is interest.

I’m definitly interested. PM me with more info.

I know he is an extremely busy person, but I have not had a response from him in my last 2-3 emails. Usually I have a pretty good 24hr to 1 week turn around.

But it wouldn't hurt for someone to make an inquiry.

Darrin also changed his email a few months ago .....

I spoke to him late last year and I think it would be fair to say that the book set is quite a ways out as far as seeing print. As an example, he is still accepting data sheets from contributors.

I'm tempted to sell mine as I will probably never buy another G43 but ehhhhhhh.......I just don't know.

Last year in October I talked with Darrin about the "new" documents found in our Federal Archive concerning the ZF4 and ZFG42.
Back then he told me that it will another year or two until his book is finished.

Military Rifle Journal
Back