Third Party Press

Carl Eickhorn 1938 Ostsee

the Dane

Hi

Like to get some opinions about this bayonet, for me it looks like that the Ostsee stamp is ok, but will be nice to hear your opinions too.

Thanks in advance
the Dane

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 57
More pictures.

What do you think about the blade? I know it's not the best picture, but it is the best that I got right now.

Attachments

• 2-2.jpg
    2-2.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 46
The serial number and letter would be interesting to see, but from the pictures i would think is ok, even the 474 was reported by Clemen&Jung. Probably used in wrong scabbard as was line added into fuller. b.r.Andy

even the 474 was reported by Clemen&Jung. Probably used in wrong scabbard as was line added into fuller. b.r.Andy

Thanks for the answer.

Sorry but I don't get this "even the 474 was reported by Clemen&Jung"

I did't notice the line in the fuller before you told it, you have better and more trained eys than me

What I had in mind was the area between the fuller and the edge, seems to me that there are some transversal marks, between maybe 5 &10 cm from the crossguard.

Regards

Its enough add here the serial number with letter under from opposite ricasso, we dont need pictures when they are not avialable. The area of blade was probably little rusted or have scratch or something else.
I mean a O.15474k also 5 digits appart of Yours KM numbering was made by Clemen&Jung. b.r.Andy

New picture

Its enough add here the serial number with letter under from opposite ricasso, we dont need pictures when they are not avialable. The area of blade was probably little rusted or have scratch or something else.
I mean a O.15474k also 5 digits appart of Yours KM numbering was made by Clemen&Jung. b.r.Andy

Hi Andy, got it now, sometimes I need to have it spelled out :happy0180:

The number is 4515 n

Even so that the number will be enough, I like to have a picture, so here you go, got this picture today,
now I am curious about the serial number, if it is also close to the other one (O.15474k)

Regards

Attachments

• 5-1.jpg
    5-1.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 27
By my studies, it would appear all or most N block from Eickhorn 38 went to the Kriegsmarine.

KM markings

I can never make any correlation between the original markings and the KM marks.

I own 3 KM marked 40 Coppel GmbH.

531a
3525b

The KM marks are, respectively;
N21743k
N23335k
O32084k

The maker serials between 1888 and 531a are 8646 apart, but the KM marks seem to be 1592 apart.

I also own 37 WKC 1314i which is marked N5616k, and I own 40 S/172 8673h which is marked N35716k.

If someone has made sense of them, I would like to hear about it.

The first one Eickhorn is correct one Ostsee KM marked in good range. b.r.Andy

To Mike, the piece were probably delivered in bunches and serialed without link to origin serial numbers, so Yours Coppel have various KM propertys in correct range.
O32084k was reported by Gerard A. of France
The N.35716k would be nice to see, its not a O prefix?.b.r.Andy

Last edited:
Interesting piece, even the blueing is little strange looking on the picture. b.r.Andy

Once again, thanks for the replies.

So I won the auction, had to buy 4 bayonets to get the Ostsee bayonet, will post better pictures when I get it home.

Are there an list here on this forum, over all known KM bayonets?

Regards

Attachments

• 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 10

Military Rifle Journal
Back