Third Party Press

LF Reweld Receiver and Work for MG34

Petschie

Hello,

I've semi recently purchased a "demilled" MG34 and am looking to get it up and running to semi-auto capabilities. I have all necessary parts to get it working, however the original receiver was I guess welded to the point of (I have a small penis) all. Looking for a cut receiver and someone reputable to do the work on it to get the MG34 up and running for use in my reenacting unit. Really trying to avoid buying a repop TNW receiver, since they're upwards of $1900 right now, and I'm already $2000 into this thing. Much appreciated all! I was referred to this site by a fellow reenactor and good friend of mine in my unit, hoping my efforts prove fruitful!

Thanks

Last edited:
NJ resident looking for some to do a receiver. How are you going book it no licensed builder will transfer to you. It is illegal to have anyone without a license build it for you!!!

NJ???

Can you even own/possess that gun in NJ? Could you belt up more rounds than those in a mag allowed by NJ?
Thinking I have to say NJ is a good place to be F R O M.
Pete in Missouri

Can you even own/possess that gun in NJ? Could you belt up more rounds than those in a mag allowed by NJ?
Thinking I have to say NJ is a good place to be F R O M.

I was wondering that myself? They're pretty damn tight with their gun laws and they seemingly create new ones overnight. Being born and raised there I sadly have to agree with you last comment. Over the last 3 or 4 decades it's been pretty thoroughly ruined.

Yes, it is indeed legal to own. The MG34 will not be shot in NJ, as our re-enactment events take place mostly in PA where the law are significantly less stringent. I’m looking for tip offs to reweld receivers and to have someone do the work on the MG for me, I’d appreciate thag if y’all know as my efforts have proved fruitless unless I buy a $1.9k TNW repop receiver

I believe that project guns used to build these. I don't know of anyone that still does. The ship has more or less sailed on MG-34 and MG-42 builds.

Yes, that ship has definitely sailed. Even the MG42 since the 53's have pretty much dried up. Have you tried the mg42.us forum? Only maybe a half dozen posts in March but it still seems active. Also how about weaponsguild? Probably your 'best bets' if there's even a chance of getting that built.

34 receiver

Yes, it is indeed legal to own. The MG34 will not be shot in NJ, as our re-enactment events take place mostly in PA where the law are significantly less stringent. I’m looking for tip offs to reweld receivers and to have someone do the work on the MG for me, I’d appreciate thag if y’all know as my efforts have proved fruitless unless I buy a $1.9k TNW repop receiver

You would probably be well off to bite the bullet and spend the 1.9 K and get a TNW rec. Even original transferable FA 34's are known to be more than a little troublesome to get running right. A cut up rec. is probably a 10 on a scale of 10 to put back together straight enough to allow good function. If someone did the rec. I'd think they should be the one to make it work. Considering the time, tooling and experience needed to do a reweld and all that would go with making it work, I'd think the 1.9K for the TNW piece might not be so expensive an alternative in the end.
Pete

It's definitely been a struggle, but that TNW receiver keeps looking more and more like right option. Because, I would assume then it's just getting that made and shipped in and me trying to put the thing together... Guess it would in essence be cheaper that way. Thanks for the help guys.

Tnw

It's definitely been a struggle, but that TNW receiver keeps looking more and more like right option. Because, I would assume then it's just getting that made and shipped in and me trying to put the thing together... Guess it would in essence be cheaper that way. Thanks for the help guys.
You might want to get with TNW re the major mods needed to the reciprocating assembly and the gripstick assuming those items are not included for the 19 hundred. These are not simple guns. Good luck!
Pete

re mg34

Here's what I did. I had a complete matching DOT 44 parts kit with very good finish. I sent my parts kit to TNW and they assembled it on their receiver and sent me back a running MG34 with a warranty...

$$$$

Here's what I did. I had a complete matching DOT 44 parts kit with very good finish. I sent my parts kit to TNW and they assembled it on their receiver and sent me back a running MG34 with a warranty...

I'd be interested in hearing what that ended up costing if you do not mind telling.
Pete

magnet fished a MG34 Tanker from Germany. All matching and weapon complete and in fair to good condition. Anyone have an aluminum dummy receiver to sell?

Military Rifle Journal
Back