Third Party Press

duv 44 VOPO and a qve 45

agentcq

Mostly these pics are for Tiger 2 Tank

Poor quality pics. I owned the qve 45 and sold it. The duv 44 (VOPO) was offered for sale to my person and very well may be in Police Evidence as the seller was raided. Sadly my M1 Garand M1C (serial number confirmed) was also seized - I was supposed to pick it up on St. Patrick's Day weekend. I have a property claim in, but now may not see my rifle for up to two years.

Attachments

• IMG_0893.jpg
    IMG_0893.jpg
    310 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0895.jpg
    IMG_0895.jpg
    292.9 KB · Views: 48
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    333.8 KB · Views: 44
  • FullSizeRender_3.jpg
    FullSizeRender_3.jpg
    306.4 KB · Views: 46
  • FullSizeRender_2.jpg
    FullSizeRender_2.jpg
    294 KB · Views: 55
  • FullSizeRender_1.jpg
    FullSizeRender_1.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 42
..The duv 44 (VOPO) was offered for sale to my person and very well may be in Police Evidence as the seller was raided. Sadly my M1 Garand M1C (serial number confirmed) was also seized.

Sorry to hear that! What 'police state' is this? Europe? But somehow Akmed has no problem finding full auto AKs?

These are kind of cool, the VOPO I mean. I have only seen one in person for sale and they wanted a ridiculous amount for it, would kind of like to have one for the sake of having one. Are they more common in Canada for some reason?

These are kind of cool, the VOPO I mean. I have only seen one in person for sale and they wanted a ridiculous amount for it, would kind of like to have one for the sake of having one. Are they more common in Canada for some reason?

Wayyyy more common to find VOPO G43s in Canada than original non VOPO.

Canada was friendly with all the communist countries during the Cold War due to having a Prime Minister who was an actual card carrying member of the Communist Party (Pierre Trudeau.... if the last name sounds familiar, his son is now the leader of our Country....) thus, we were able to import in tonnes of cool Combloc guns and gear while the USA could not (lots of it through Century International, when they still operated out of Montreal). So we were able to get lots of nifty stuff from Czechoslovakia, Poland, East Germany, Syria, the Soviet Union, etc...

We never had embargoes against Chicom arms either. Most likely lots of this was due to our very small arms industry not having the clout to pressure government to ban cheap commie surplus, unlike you guys with Bill Ruger, etc.

agentcq-Thanks! It’s hard to read the serial information on the two rifles by the photos. Could you advise what they are?

TheNewfieBullet-I appreciate yours too. Hard to make out the letter block. Could you also advise? Thanks.

agentcq-Thanks! It’s hard to read the serial information on the two rifles by the photos. Could you advise what they are?

TheNewfieBullet-I appreciate yours too. Hard to make out the letter block. Could you also advise? Thanks.

The full serial number is 7875 F

The full serial number is 7875 F

Whoa!!!!!! Yours sir is super late! There are only 4 known and reported rifles after yours until the end. All four were reported as the last “highest number” until each one had been beaten by another one found. Thanks, and first report of yours.

Here are the ones after yours:
K.43 ac45 #8197f (it is one of the Walther supplied to BLM just before Walther fell)
K.43 qve45 #8555f
K.43 qve45 #8971f
K.43 qve45 #8981f

Last edited:

The other thing is that unlike the US GI's that were allowed to 'bring back' firearms during the last few months of the war, there was no Official Order for British or Canadian soldiers. As a result tons of handguns and pistols made it back to Canada as you could easily sneak them home, whereas a rifle was a bit harder. So you have a reverse paradigm as it is easy to find a lovely P08, P38, PPK, Radom, PPK etc. in Canada for $500-2000 CDN dollars, but finding an all matching bring back K98 or G/K43 is nearly impossible. Hence why other Canadian members like Andrew export and import as often as possible.

4433 f (hopefully f is the correct letter block).

Military Rifle Journal
Back