Third Party Press

MP44 parts kit

I see them between $5000-$8000. Saw two for $7000 at the last knob creek show.

I'd agree and I think the 7ish number being the most consistent. 2 nice, complete ones sold on GB last year for right around that number give or take a few hundo

dewats

I'll assume you know a registered dewat can be reactivated to be a transferable rifle. I've reactivated several that were bought for around 15K, With transferables going for well north of 20 K a dewat is obviously worth WAY more than a parts set.
Cost to reactivate varies with how the deactivation was done but in all but a rare case reactivation is quite doable dollar wise.
I'll add that finding a dewat for the 15K would be difficult to find lately.
Just telling what I think I know!
Pete

Hmm...

Thank you for all the input. I am under a difficult situation. Back in 2013 & 2015, I purchased 2x MP44's (both East German Captures). I live in Canada and as a result, I was not legally allowed licensing, so the two MP's were held in storage at a local firearms business that has been in operation since the 1960's. I also had the privilege of being a part-time employee and contractor at that shop. Sadly the business suddenly went bankrupt. Good story is the two MP's have been saved and are going to a licensed owner 'in trust' on my behalf. I now have four options: 1. Have the licensed owner sell on my behalf (but they will only fetch 3-6K in Canada live). 2. DEWAT. 3. Have them part-kitted. 4. As I have two, pick two of the options. I likely need to make a decision within the next few weeks.

I was sadly caught in the same predicament with 3x P08 Lugers (Kreighoff, and two byf Black Widow's). Again due to obscure laws, I have a few options. 1. Have the licensed owner sell on my behalf (but they will only fetch 1-4k in Canada) but there is an option to sell to the United States. 2. Or have them re-barreled and I can legally own them (the byf's should then be worth 1.5-2k each but some of the history ruined. 3. As I have three, pick more than one option.

Wow!

Hmm...

Thank you for all the input. I am under a difficult situation. Back in 2013 & 2015, I purchased 2x MP44's (both East German Captures). I live in Canada and as a result, I was not legally allowed licensing, so the two MP's were held in storage at a local firearms business that has been in operation since the 1960's. I also had the privilege of being a part-time employee and contractor at that shop. Sadly the business suddenly went bankrupt. Good story is the two MP's have been saved and are going to a licensed owner 'in trust' on my behalf. I now have four options: 1. Have the licensed owner sell on my behalf (but they will only fetch 3-6K in Canada live). 2. DEWAT. 3. Have them part-kitted. 4. As I have two, pick two of the options. I likely need to make a decision within the next few weeks.

I was sadly caught in the same predicament with 3x P08 Lugers (Kreighoff, and two byf Black Widow's). Again due to obscure laws, I have a few options. 1. Have the licensed owner sell on my behalf (but they will only fetch 1-4k in Canada) but there is an option to sell to the United States. 2. Or have them re-barreled and I can legally own them (the byf's should then be worth 1.5-2k each but some of the history ruined. 3. As I have three, pick more than one option.
That almost makes my head hurt. Dunno what to say. Worth big bucks here as parts sets but I doubt they could be gotten into the US as such.
Thinking there are guys here that know about getting things from Canada to here.
Pete

Pete

Thank you

I wasn't too worried as the store had been in business for over 40 years. It was neat just owning them and technically having them stored there in trust. The P08's - I'll likely re-barrel two of them, with a new barrel only 5mm longer than the original standard barrel, registration can be transferred to my person. One of the byf P08's I may just sell to fund the project. Once they are released by the receiver I will post pics and may list for sale on this forum.

The MP44's - likely DEWAT one and the other Part Kit/DEWAT/Sell - what ever makes more sense.

Nevertheless I feel like crap. The only other option I would have is starting my own store/museum/film company, but that sounds like a headache.

That almost makes my head hurt. Dunno what to say. Worth big bucks here as parts sets but I doubt they could be gotten into the US as such.
Thinking there are guys here that know about getting things from Canada to here.
Pete

The barrel, and magazines require a Form 6 - but, why would there be a problem with the rest of the kit?
If the receiver is cut in three places it's not a receiver or "frame" anymore.

Barrels and magazines are fairly easy to source in the US.

From ATF site -
• The importation of firearms, firearm frames and receivers, firearm barrels, and ammunition is subject to the provisions of 18 U.S.C., Chapter 44, the GCA and the implementing regulations in 27 CFR, Part 478.

Anyway - I'd check the ATF and state department site - Also Canadian rules on exporting parts -

I haven't had any trouble exporting from Canada, but my work has always been handled by a licensed exporter.

Thinking there are guys here that know about getting things from Canada to here. i
Pete
in and out of europe for that matter

Hmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Military Rifle Journal
Back