Third Party Press

my 98k Oberndorf 1941 with Mauser banner stamp

droulz

hi

my last 98k that I just received. I have not yet cleaned up for the moment. interesting model of 1941 with receiver Mauser banner

IMG_2203.jpg
IMG_2204.jpg
IMG_2208.jpg
IMG_2209.jpg
IMG_2210.jpg
IMG_2212.jpg
IMG_2213.jpg

Regards

Last edited:
Very nice Mauser banner pulled into The byf41 production! I was looking at one a few years ago! Russian capture but these Rare birds don't turn up that often, especially one that looks to be all matching, would like pics if you can, but not matter what, like I said a rare bird to find!!!! Congrats! Thank you!

These are a little elusive, especially matching and original. This variation generally falls within the bb-hh blocks of 1941 Mauser production, every block in that range is known with rifles, but they generally intermingle with normal byf/41 rifles, however by the hh-block they are pretty much solo as I have never recorded a byf/41 hh-block (though such a rifle probably exists... at the moment all hh-blocks are Mauser Banners and there are quite a few of them)

Help on BCD 43 Matched, barrel code, and one on the receiver! Plus pics of the Rifle!

Picked this gem up off the Vets Grandson BCD 43 all matched, and a plus he is looking for his grandfathers Bringback box! I will post more pics in a while of the full gun, but the barrel on her is a FN barrel waffen 140 with a the regular CH code, but I personally have not seen or know what these other markings denote, and was curious if someone could enlighten me on them! Thank you Gage!
DSCN9821.JPGDSCN9819.JPGDSCN9818.JPG

Picked this gem up off the Vets Grandson BCD 43 all matched, and a plus he is looking for his grandfathers Bringback box! I will post more pics in a while of the full gun, but the barrel on her is a FN barrel waffen 140 with a the regular CH code, but I personally have not seen or know what these other markings denote, and was curious if someone could enlighten me on them! Thank you Gage!
View attachment 172953View attachment 172954View attachment 172955

AWZ was a barrel blank/steel provider to FN. IIRC, it was either a Belgium or French steel mill. I think this info is in Vol 2b for the Gustloff section. Also, did you mean to create your own thread for this one?

View attachment 172953View attachment 172954View attachment 172955

make a post with youre bcd43

regards

These are a little elusive, especially matching and original. This variation generally falls within the bb-hh blocks of 1941 Mauser production, every block in that range is known with rifles, but they generally intermingle with normal byf/41 rifles, however by the hh-block they are pretty much solo as I have never recorded a byf/41 hh-block (though such a rifle probably exists... at the moment all hh-blocks are Mauser Banners and there are quite a few of them)

thanks for this infomation. In the book "karabiner 98k" vol IIa, there are only 12 block hh referenced. More mine. I do not think this model is very common

Regards

AWZ was a barrel blank/steel provider to FN. IIRC, it was either a Belgium or French steel mill. I think this info is in Vol 2b for the Gustloff section. Also, did you mean to create your own thread for this one?

LOL Lawson Indeed I did, did not mean to put on this post! Thank you For the info though! Thank you Gage!

Yes, I see on page 189. I have 10 hh-blocks recorded, some they do not list and some they have i do not. It is the most numerous block of this variation for both our trends research. I have recorded 3 ff-blocks also that are not listed in the book, plus one gg-block. All blocks are accounted for between bb-hh, most in the hh-block.

Quite a rare and amazing rifle too find. Makes me wonder what the next Mauser you will post from your friends collection!

Yes, I see on page 189. I have 10 hh-blocks recorded, some they do not list and some they have i do not. It is the most numerous block of this variation for both our trends research. I have recorded 3 ff-blocks also that are not listed in the book, plus one gg-block. All blocks are accounted for between bb-hh, most in the hh-block.

the hh block looks the most observed actually
regards

Amazing to see thank you for posting. I really need to get my hands on the karbiner books here, seems like I’m missing out on a lot of information about these lovely rifles.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quite a rare and amazing rifle too find. Makes me wonder what the next Mauser you will post from your friends collection!

thank you. The next one presented will be a 337 from 1939, serial 3585a, the highest serial number known for a 337 from 1939. Page 532 from the book "Karabiner 98k" vol IIb

Regards

Military Rifle Journal
Back