Third Party Press

my 98k Oberndorf 1941 with Mauser banner stamp

thank you. The next one presented will be a 337 from 1939, serial 3585a, the highest serial number known for a 337 from 1939. Page 532 from the book "Karabiner 98k" vol IIb

Regards

A 1939 337 would be an quite a find if its all matching without problems. A extremely rare year by Gustloff. Hell finding just a bolt mismatched or a wartime rework would be neat as well.

Oh wow! If you can save that, I’d love to see how you do it! Ive always been impressed with how well laminate stocks seem to hold up over the years but like anything, it has its limits!

Your other thread on the 27/1938 reminded me to check in on this thread. Am I missing something here? What is the stock with the terrible de-lamination from? How did it get like that?

It does not look like this in the first pics, what happened to it? You previously mentioned bleach and water? Wtf. No. The rifle in the first set of photos needed a wipe down with a cloth on the wood and oil the metal.....of this is the same gun you’ve ruined it.

Last edited:
The stock in the first photos is not the same stock shown with delamination, it's totally different.....not sure what this post is about either.

it's the stock of this rifle "mauser banner". Bad storage in an humid cellar
regards

Ok. I was confused because on the 15th you posted pics of it with what appears to be a beautiful condition stock with no signs of serious de-lamination then 3 days later the stock has been mostly destroyed.

the stock is in good condition except the part of the stock that took water for years in a cellar

3013hh, stock number same as the rifle
IMG_2318.jpg
IMG_2319.jpg
IMG_2320.jpg
the stock is damaged on the left side, it is due to a bad storage that's all
Regards

Military Rifle Journal
Back