Third Party Press

Where to find a good rifle?

Ghost1335

Hey guys I’m looking for a good WWII K98k. Is there a trader section on this forum or do you have any good places you’d recommend getting one from? Thanks!

Hey guys I’m looking for a good WWII K98k. Is there a trader section on this forum or do you have any good places you’d recommend getting one from? Thanks!

Yes there is a trader sub forum. There is at least one there now. This is a great place to buy becauce if something is not correct it will be listed or called out. Lots of knowledable, honest collectors here.

Yes there is a trader sub forum. There is at least one there now. This is a great place to buy becauce if something is not correct it will be listed or called out. Lots of knowledable, honest collectors here.

Ok cool! Where is it at? I don’t see it on there unfortunately.

Welcome! Just be patient, study up, keep your eyes open and one will make its way to you. These forums are a great place to be and there are a lot of good, knowledgeable guys around!

I found 2 of mine on armslist and I was lucky enough that a local shop had some Yugo mausers. K98s can still be found but it does take patience, sometimes a lot. If you keep searching locally at shops and gun shows or online you'll be able to find one.

Especially for us late bloomers but got into this under 5 years ago, the "golden days" I hear of are long gone and you have to be in it to win it, per se.

Like it was said already: keep an eye out and they'll find you.

If your looking for a Mauser shooter you may want to check out a yugo or Spanish etc. They also have a lot of history and fun to take to the range...the ww2 k98’s are way too high in my opinion. It seems those eagles and swastikas draw a lot of attention and = big$$$$. Keep an eye out and good luck

Jumping on this thread... so i need to post twice to be able to see the trader sub forum?

Another Newbie

I finally have them itch to get a Mauser k98k to join the P08 Luger I have. I am impressed with the level of information available here. I like what this forum has to offer and would like to get to the trader sub forum. I guess I have to post a few times in order to get there.

Looking for slight mismatch in good condition

After reading up on K98k info in this forum I am interested in acquiring a shooter in decent condition. While my wife may disagree, I am not a hardcore collector as I like take the guns to range and enjoy them.

That said, I’d like to have a German, 39-44 production piece in original condition, not one of the Mitchell reworks or an RC, etc.

I appreciate any help in this regard and look forward to getting access to the trader sub forum where I can see what this community has available.

A few more posts and you will be able to use the trader, where rifles pop up for sale daily. Welcome to the jungle.

Glad to know it takes two posts to be able to see the trader section..couldn't for the life of me figure out how everyone else could see it but me lol can you guys tell I'm new here or what? Lol anyway thanks for all the great an informative posts on here, I've really been enjoying reading everything! An now let's see if I can see the trader section now lol

After reading up on K98k info in this forum I am interested in acquiring a shooter in decent condition. While my wife may disagree, I am not a hardcore collector as I like take the guns to range and enjoy them.

That said, I’d like to have a German, 39-44 production piece in original condition, not one of the Mitchell reworks or an RC, etc.

I appreciate any help in this regard and look forward to getting access to the trader sub forum where I can see what this community has available.

I guess you could say I'm interested in collecting, and am somewhat of a "hardcore collector." However, I'm a shooter too and shoot my two K98k mm bolt range / hog rifles quite a bit. I don't shoot the matching collector ones as a broker firing pin or extractor, numbered parts, or a drop off a range table, etc., would harm collector value. Welcome, and good luck on your search, you'll find one.

Military Rifle Journal
Back