Third Party Press

Thread: Panzer M43 Cap

Big Sexy Steve (not gay) Steve87's Avatar

Default Panzer M43 Cap

Hi,

Here is an extremely scarce cap. Panzer M43 caps are a minefield, with excellent attempts produced by fakers that are sold on many respected dealer sites. This one is a genuine original with factory applied insignia, there is no excuses with this cap it is textbook in every way and what an original should look like and the type accepted my all the most advanced collectors in this area of militaria. It has only been very lightly worn and is in excellent shape. This is the only Panzer M43 cap I own and the only one I've felt was 100% original I have ever been offered, it's one of my favourite German uniform items. Hope you guys will enjoy a few photos.

Regards,
    -Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Steve87 View Post
    Hi,

Here is an extremely scarce cap. Panzer M43 caps are a minefield, with excellent attempts produced by fakers that are sold on many respected dealer sites. This one is a genuine original with factory applied insignia, there is no excuses with this cap it is textbook in every way and what an original should look like and the type accepted my all the most advanced collectors in this area of militaria. It has only been very lightly worn and is in excellent shape. This is the only Panzer M43 cap I own and the only one I've felt was 100% original I have ever been offered, it's one of my favourite German uniform items. Hope you guys will enjoy a few photos.

Regards,
    -Steve
    Nice looking cap, I would love to own one, but the and number of fakes have prevented me from pursuing one

Nice to see it again. I handled it and it’s quite nice. A rare chance for a non cloth collector like me to examine these items.
    Looking for 10" cleaning rod, early style e/214 #91, nazi style e/26 #04

Nice rare cap that's one of two I've seen in 40 yrs original I agree. timothy

Steve, that's a great M.43, rarely seen original. Many fakes, few originals. Thanks for posting it. Pic stickied for reference.
    http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread....eference-Index
    “Not every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose.” - Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, 1933-1945

That's a great cap

Thanks for letting us see this treasure!

Default Great find

Thanks for posting a real one.

Thanks for the kinds words, I'm glad you guys like this special cap as much as me. It took me a long time to find a good one, and it was only with the help of some very experienced and kind fellow collectors I was able to get one.

Cheers,
    -Steve

Heer M43 by the same maker, you can see they are basically identical except for the wool.

Regards,
    -Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images