Third Party Press

1944 bcd G43 a block

mdarnell19

Beavis Moderator
Staff member
A little slow in here so I thought I'd share this. Got this from a friend at the SOS. All matching 1944 Gustloff G43 a block rifle. Has a fair amount of small de-lamination going on across the stock. I have looked at several other bcd rifles and this seems to be a common trend. Perhaps they had difficulties with glue early on because this never seems to appear on AC45 rifles.

Anyways, hope you all enjoy! I've always wanted a nice bcd.
1944 bcd a block (1).JPG1944 bcd a block (2).JPG1944 bcd a block (3).jpg1944 bcd a block (4).jpg1944 bcd a block (5).jpg1944 bcd a block (6).jpg1944 bcd a block (7).jpg1944 bcd a block (8).jpg1944 bcd a block (9).JPG1944 bcd a block (10).jpg1944 bcd a block (11).jpg1944 bcd a block (13).jpg1944 bcd a block (15).JPG1944 bcd a block (14).jpg1944 bcd a block (16).jpg1944 bcd a block (17).jpg1944 bcd a block (18).JPG1944 bcd a block (19).jpg1944 bcd a block (20).jpg1944 bcd a block (21).JPG

Very nice. One I’ve been after for a while...most seem to have post war “improvements”. Tough to find a good one :thumbsup:

G43

Nice rifle Matt. You don't get to see many of those. Thanks for the nice photos of one.

Brian

Ooooohhhhh so nice!!!!! Looks like the one I have. I have noticed that most bcd G.43's have that reddish stained stock, black metal early parts. Mine is a little later than yours. These are sooooooo rare too-especially finding them in original condition like this. Just not many at all around. In my serial number listings for all three G/K.43's, for the Walther/BLM rifles, there are over 100 pages. For the bcd's, there's only around 14 pages. Kind of gives you a little bit of an idea how rare these are.

Just so nice!!! Thank you for showing it off like that.

Checked the Gustloff G.43 listings. Yours is the highest a block at this time reported.

Here is mine (I did not take these photos, but these photos were sent to me for when the rifle was sold to me):

m0m5s.jpg

o5njm0.jpg

2h56ude.jpg

290sarp.jpg

sq5uns.jpg

2h3sw2t.jpg

b9j5tw.jpg

The rifle I have is photographed and discussed in the book “Hitler’s Garands”. There’s commentary on this rifle’s stock in the book on whether it has a field repair or factory repair.

358q44i.jpg

6edw11.jpg

2nvtnjb.jpg

It would be neat to see these rifles together. I think they would complement each other well dispalyed.

Displayed like this to compare them:

29vsqf.jpg

......just doing some imagining of what they would look like together. Stock colors...etc. Never see two good ones together.

Last edited:
Two nice BCDs! I have 1935a. Can I ask how much you paid? Just wondering what they are going for now. I was also wondering about the stock on 1383c. Is that a repair on the right side, near the safety? I have something similar on my stock on the left side near the butt plate.

Military Rifle Journal
Back