Third Party Press
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shooter quality G/K43 advice?

Quote Originally Posted by GunKraut View Post
    Seller "shnavel" is very evasive about his hump job. Description has been changed, meanwhile, it's obvious the seller is following this forum. Wording has been chosen such that he can always weasel out by claiming "I never stated it was all original and matching".
    The bolt carrier has been renumbered; it is the same shown in the O/P's picture, just renumbered. "Shnavel" has now joined the ranks of Humper McBride, Drago Kustom Rifles (DBA Dragom), Elite, Commonwealth and other turd peddlers.

https://webcache.googleusercontent.c...&ct=clnk&gl=us

Nothing goes away on the internet.

"Late war Walther K43 serial number 5936a manufactured in February 45. A mix of blue and phosphate finish. Bolt carrier and receiver numbers match. Rare unnumbered bolt and components but are all 359 stamped. Stock is correctly marked. All original metal. Correct type 3 gas system. 359 marked fire control group. Period correct sling. Excellent bore and rifling. Includes 1 original gcb K43 magazine. Will make someone an excellent shooter! Overall condition is very good. C&R FFL accepted. 3% for all credit cards. Personal checks will need to clear before shipment. Buyer pays actual UPS shipping and insurance. No California sales. If you have questions, please email me and I will do my best to answer them. Thanks!"

And for bonus points, here is it before it found a matching bolt. Bet you can't guess who the buyer was...

https://webcache.googleusercontent.c...&ct=clnk&gl=us

He couldn't wait even two months before flipping it? Like, I'm offended, genuinely. At least have the decency to wait longer than that. Does he think we are that stupid?

I only have one piece of advice, don't bother with repro mags LOL. I have yet to get one of the 3 I have to cycle more than 2 rounds without a stoppage...original mag, runs like a clock (I only shoot it withith an Apfeltor shooter kit and non corrosive modern ammo).

As for Shnavel or whoever, for shame... :(

Jeff
    Collecting latewar K98k rifles and snipers and scopes, and WWII German 6x30 binoculars.

INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

This rifle sold originally by my friend in Alabama, Prusakowski for $1736.00 on 3/30/18. I actually bid on it up to $1500 and was out bid by another buyer.

Amazing what a shooter example sales for. I passed on one for $900 from a friend a year ago but everything was wrong, bolt mismatch, messed with stock, dark bore but sharp rifling, no rod, etc.. Guess I should have bought it to shoot.? For a shooter I would wait for one in the $1500 or less range. JMO.

Wow, I hate to see what has happened to the rifle I originally posted! I did finally buy a K43 a little while ago but I haven't had the time to take pictures of it! Complete except the missing cleaning rod. I'm assuming any 12.5in 98k rod will do? The rifle has the "vented" gas cylinder but I still want to get a shooter kit and springs. The trigger pull is very long too so I may try to adjust that a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by imjus4u2nv View Post
    Wow no joke - so the ad on gunbroker (https://www.gunbroker.com/item/771041286) must have a fake numbered bolt carrier (5936a) unless he happened to find a matching bolt? Unbelievable.
    Sold for $2550!