Third Party Press

Finished with my restoration project!

racerlee

Well I thought I would share my finished restoration project on my 20th District Depot rifle. It was previously sporterized with a cut up stock and the lip of the rear sight base ground off where the handguard sits.

Here is an old thread I started about the rifle and got great information here. http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread.php?22047-20th-District-Depot-K98k

I thought I did okay of a job with resto except for the rear sight base I used to replace the sporterized one with is kind of damaged around the base screw. The damage was done by who ever removed it from a previous barrel.

The bolt was matching to itself and it was a bSw bolt. The bSw bolt I traded off for some extra parts and another all matching e/280 bolt. I thought a member here could use the bSw bolt more than I could since it was just 10 numbers different than his bSw rifle.

The upper and lower band I found on ebay. They are armourers spares e/1 marked without serial numbers.

The stock I bought from a member here. It is a C marked stock e/18 without any serials. The handguard I bought somewhere on the net. C and e/18 marked and no serial number.

The original sling I bought from jbmauser. To finish it off.

Thanks to all that helped out on information to get this project done.

20th district depot 091.jpg20th district depot 092.jpg20th district depot 093.jpg20th district depot 095.jpg20th district depot 094.jpg20th district depot 096.jpg20th district depot 097.jpg20th district depot 098.jpg20th district depot 100.jpg20th district depot 101.jpg20th district depot 102.jpg20th district depot 103.jpg20th district depot 107.jpg20th district depot 108.jpg20th district depot 105.jpg20th district depot 106.jpg20th district depot 110.jpg

Last edited:
Great looking rifle and very motivating, many of these rifles are worth saving and this goes to show that if you find the right one it can be turned into a worthy restoration. Nice Work!!

Great looking rifle and very motivating, many of these rifles are worth saving and this goes to show that if you find the right one it can be turned into a worthy restoration. Nice Work!!

Thanks. It was a fun project and the end product is more of accomplishment than it is worth money wise, but very happy it's back to military configuration.

Nicely done Lee! You worked hard to restore it with proper parts and the results show. I know from experience those armorers spare bands and stocks aren't cheap or easy to find.

Very nice - congratulations !

Thanks.

Nicely done Lee! You worked hard to restore it with proper parts and the results show. I know from experience those armorers spare bands and stocks aren't cheap or easy to find.

Jeremy, I couldn't have gotten it done without you experienced members here on the K98k forum with all the historic data to get the right parts. Thank you.

The bolt was matching to itself and it was a bSw bolt. The bSw bolt I traded off for some extra parts and another all matching e/280 bolt. I thought a member here could use the bSw bolt more than I could since it was just 10 numbers different than his bSw rifle.

This has me interested. Pics?

This has me interested. Pics?

Well I don't have the bSw bolt. I traded it off to a member here. I guess I should have worded it a little different. I got some other parts and the e/280 bolt for trading off the bSw WaA4 bolt.

Well I don't have the bSw bolt. I traded it off to a member here. I guess I should have worded it a little different. I got some other parts and the e/280 bolt for trading off the bSw WaA4 bolt.

Yeah, from ME !!! not for sale.. lol. It was 10 digits off from one of my 39' bSw's. R Lee Ermey(nickname given by me) gave me a good deal, I traded heavy for a superb bolt. Great looking rifle Lee. The long wait seems to have paid off.

Yeah, from ME !!! not for sale.. lol. It was 10 digits off from one of my 39' bSw's. R Lee Ermey(nickname given by me) gave me a good deal, I traded heavy for a superb bolt. Great looking rifle Lee. The long wait seems to have paid off.

This is an outstanding rifle and it has some super parts on it, very nice job! Mowzerluvr has helped me a lot in the past and I’m glad he got a neat bSw part out of it! Thank you OP for sharing this with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an outstanding rifle and it has some super parts on it, very nice job! Mowzerluvr has helped me a lot in the past and I’m glad he got a neat bSw part out of it! Thank you OP for sharing this with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. I appreciate the great comments.

I'm really glad to have helped you out mowzerluvr on that bSw bolt. Don't forget about that stock now!:happy0180:

I mean, I'd like to see the bolt and the gun. Same letter block and everything? That's crazy.

I mean, I'd like to see the bolt and the gun. Same letter block and everything? That's crazy.

Nahh, no letter block made it easier. With bSw production there aren't many letter blocks to sift through anyway.

DSC04639.jpgDSC04641.jpgDSC04642.jpgDSC04643.jpg

Military Rifle Journal
Back