Third Party Press

Radom vis35

jetmek

Don't know much other that what a quick on line search turned up. I just put down $ for a 2 lever S/N A8057 with red bakelite grips . It has 2 matching mags but the acceptance stamps don't match those on the frame. Very nice holster with BNZ 1943 inside flap no other ink stamps were readable. Over all it looks to have been fired little if at all. Bore is mint. Waa 77 on the frame and slide plus one other Waa on the slide. I think its legit but hoping for opinions after the fact. not really a WW2 collector but it seemed right. Was 8 bills reasonable? is it a correct holster with 43 mfg date?

radom.jpg

Mags were not numbered and not e/77 inspected (most are blank or e/189). The holster is worth about $250, so if the pistol is matching barrel, slide and frame, is original finish and isn’t import marked you did good. Holster is fine with that pistol, but I’d say pistol is 1944 production.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re the serial numbers- Were these used in Poland after the war, ie could it be police serials given to the pistol's mags? I know, no import stamp could mean bringback but there are other postwar-used weapons that somehow made it in without import stamps. Just wondering.

We need more pics. These were used post war, or at least refurbished by the Soviet block, for such potential use. The Soviets did renumber many things in their refurb. A very few were pass through, inspected and OK for issue. I have an Eagle that is totally matching, needed refinish but was left as is?

Second A block is interesting. You have both two and three lever guns, phosphate(very uncommon) and other transitional features. Enjoy your pistol. They are very interesting and robust.

Military Rifle Journal
Back