Third Party Press

MP44 Flat?

I hope the flats will be here tomorrow. The custom and shipping will make the price a little higher than my guesstimate. It looks like there is much interest in these flats, so I wanted to make sure that you guys on this forum knew it first. D

Came today, and is now on the web shop. These might go quickly

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    294.8 KB · Views: 57
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 48
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Awesome, from idea to product on the market right here. I'd buy one but it would be a waste, I have no intention of ever building a rifle so I'll save mine for a builder.

Great news! Just ordered a couple. Will there be a bending jig at some point or specs to make one? Thanks!

I have no way of building it nor do I care to but I just ordered one because it's neat! Thank you for bringing this to market Tor!

I ordered three as I really want him to succeed, all parts are going fast so if you need MP44 stuff you better get it now. About half of my order was already gone. His shipments are fast. Harry

Hi. Bending tools for the flats, will be shipped from Germany in a few days. Trunnions will soon be in stock to.

Ordered mine today along with some small parts,

Hope the Trunnions and bending tools come in soon. Any timeline on when some of the out of stock parts (magazine catch) will restock?

Sorry for being late to the party

unbeknownst to my fellow members here, I have had 3 major surgery's since February, so it has been hard to keep up and get new goodies,

but if you all recall, I was the first one to say hey dingo sell the bloody flats, this project is not for the faint hearted

I am a well know builder on numerous build sites in the past and now. I also posted on Weaponguild about the flats coming, I am founding member. Problem is most builders are cheap and kits go for big bucks

so the next move it get the jigs. I plan on buying a set of jigs from Dingo, I spoken to him about this already. I am going to lent these out to a fellow members,

(well know smith to bend and weld the shell with a new trunnion, ejector, pins) This sentence is on hold.

I will probably set up a K98K members opportunity to borrow the jigs with a security deposit and you handle the postage both ways.

for you new guys who have never ventured into building,
1) slapping parts on to a FFL receiver is not building, its assembly, these flats are for builders
2) serial number are NOT required, but it is best to mark it in case it is stolen, suggestion would be under the extension covered by the lower or go original and mark it on the side its up to you
3) this is a semi auto build so NO holes for the auto trip lever
4) your lower must be converted to semi by removing the full auto trip and rivet

I also suggest if you are planning on long term storage to coat this flat in light oil, wrap with acid free paper and then seal in a heavy gauge zip lock bag with a desiccant.

if someone would post the guys e-mail who is selling barrels (re-manufactured ones)

well my MP-44 flat came today, all I can say they are nice. worth every penny. I went through the Cetme flat debacle, a few years back, same with the MP-5 flats, I never did AK flats because that's cheating.

I will be cutting corners on this build and will seek outside help, something I rarely do, this is expensive build to screw up.

to be continued

Attachments

• MP-44 flat 2.jpg
    MP-44 flat 2.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back