Third Party Press
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MP44 Flat?

Default MP44 Flat?

Help ID this pic? It looks like an MP44 flat. wonder where it came from and more importantly how do I get one.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I wonder if that isn't a Hill and Mac's product?
    Some P38 "experts" are yo-yo's who, for some reason lost on me, can't or won't accept the truth when it's staring them in the face.

It's an HMG flat and it's literally good for nothing if you want to build a real MP44.
    With a little bit more enthusiasm they could've made real MP44 flats and sell them to builders to subsidize their ugly rifle development.

Quote Originally Posted by GunKraut View Post
    It's an HMG flat and it's literally good for nothing if you want to build a real MP44.
    With a little bit more enthusiasm they could've made real MP44 flats and sell them to builders to subsidize their ugly rifle development.
    Yup, I wish those guys offering PTR44ís would offer flats
    WTS: SMG Fg42, 3 mags and scope rings, $5,200.00

An entirely missed business opportunity. I've paid around $500 for a newly made MP44 trunnion for resurrecting a saw cut receiver. A lot of money for a chunk of steel but it's well made and nothing else out there. With all the work I've put into rewelding a sheet metal puzzle (still not completed), I wouldn't have shed a tear shelling out another $500 for a well made flat, maybe even more.

So here are these HMG clowns, on a mission to creating one of the ugliest MP44 copies ever, offered at $1,700 retail. They have made a flat which -with a little more effort- could have been a very close copy of an MP44 flat and still work for their design. While embarking on their brain fart journey of making the rest of the rifle work with different calibers from .22 short to 88mm flak, they could have ensured considerable incoming cash flow from selling MP44 flats, butt stock ferrules, etc. in an effort to finance their multi-caliber experiments. Now this train of opportunities has left the station for HMG, dkproductions offers all the small parts at very competitive prices. If dkproductions could also offer flats and trunnions, many more cut up MP44 could be resurrected, either in semi or full auto configuration. And nobody would even look at HMG's MP44 abomination.

88 flak!!

Now correct me if I am wrong, but is the HMG version released yet?
    WTS: SMG Fg42, 3 mags and scope rings, $5,200.00

no the HMG has not been released. hopefully never will

that flat looks like the ones PTR sold, jerry had a few for sale years ago. I asked him about them, he said he had no more.
    I also asked Tor, if he would sell flats and he also said no

so there you have it, a opportunity to build a semi auto from scratch,

personally , I would hand the whole project over to Pete, bet he could whip up a outstanding rifle with that flat

You can tell it's an HMG flat by the magazine latch on the wrong side and an MP40 style bolt hold-open cutout.

While embarking on their brain fart journey of making the rest of the rifle work with different calibers from .22 short to 88mm flak, they could have ensured considerable incoming cash flow from selling MP44 flats, butt stock ferrules, etc. in an effort to finance their multi-caliber experiments.
    If they're making one in 88mm flak ... I'm in. L

You can tell it's an HMG flat by the magazine latch on the wrong side and an MP40 style bolt hold-open cutout.

That looks like blued dogshit