Third Party Press
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MP44 Flat?

That sucks--I was hoping to have a new maker in the works for flats. Too bad they didn't make flats for MP44 parts kits they would be making $$ by now.

I can't figure out who the HMG thing is target for. If you want an expensive semi-auto, you'll buy something else. If you want an MP/STG, you'll buy something else. Who are the expecting to get money from?

If they had just built an accurate STG, I'd hand over a small pile of cash without second thought. But no, we have this unattractive vaporware that doesn't really satisfy anyone.

They're an American company making a firearm, so I am not going to say anything negative...

...I can't think of anything to say.

A few years ago someone on this site posted some images of original MP44 flats photographed in a German Museum - of course that is several lap-tops and a photobucket account ago - but, it was an interesting thread.

I would like an MP44 flat to frame and hang on my wall as industrial art. I've thought about getting a G3 or MP5 one but it just wouldn't be the same.
    Some P38 "experts" are yo-yo's who, for some reason lost on me, can't or won't accept the truth when it's staring them in the face.

I have found the link for the pic posted above.

https://history.stackexchange.com/qu...ans-during-ww2

Below is a link to close up pictures of HMG's receiver stampings. Looks like quality parts, stamped, folded and laser cut.
    It's a shame they didn't seize on the opportunity to cater to MP44 builders.
    This is what I call an 80% receiver: 20% too far away from the original, nirvana pretty much summed it up.
    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...&postcount=108

Hi, i will check with my partner once more if we gonna bring inn receiver flats. I need to check the laws on importing them. I have ordered trunions, and they will be on the marked this sommer. D

A receiver flat is a non-regulated part. Seems like it would be okay, but that's all you to sort out.

HMG is truly a missed opportunity. Itís unbelievable to me that this product still hasnít hit the market and that they took so many peoples hard earn money without having a working firearm. That and how ugly this ďtakeĒ on the sturmgewehr is. The fact that so many people were interested in this project shows the desire of many gun owners to have a semi sturmgewehr. Itís just a shame that this is what they are getting.. if they ever get it.

Quote Originally Posted by nirvana View Post
    A receiver flat is a non-regulated part. Seems like it would be okay, but that's all you to sort out.
    Yes it is a non-regulated part, but it still need paperwork to import it. I will check it