Third Party Press

BCD markings

Newscotlander

I've asked this same question a couple years ago. Has anyone done any research on the various receiver markings on the BCDs? I've noticed three or four different stamping styles of the BCD. Some appear to have the letters stamped separately. One style has a "C" that is larger and has a partial or broken left side. Just wondering.

Due to a request by an owner of one of the rifles, I've tried to remove the picture and was unable. If a moderator would remove the post or picture, I would appreciate it.
Disregard last. Request has been retracted.

Attachments

• bcd comp..jpg
    bcd comp..jpg
    289.3 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
Very interesting. It would appear that the no letter block rifles used the larger bcd stamps and by the a block they were using the smaller letters. Gustloff has a lot of oddities. Here is my rifle which is an a block

1944 bcd a block (10).jpg

Another oddity, inspection stamps on the bolt carrier. Here are a couple

L.T. mark

1944 bcd a block (9).JPG

And other with some sort of WaA stamp

1944 bcd a block 2 (22).jpg

I looked closer and you are correct, it is "bt". I have no idea what it means. Likely some sort of inspection stamp.

An owner of one of the rifles in the photo has requested that his rifle be removed. He didn't specify what the serial number is. I am only trying to educate and promote research of these interesting rifles. I have attempted to remove the photo, but was unable. Could a moderator just delete the photo or post please. My apologies

I’d say he needs to pm you the exact number if it’s such a big deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Without a serial number being publicly connected to an owner's name, I have no idea how the photo existing in the public domain could impact a current owner.

Without a serial number being publicly connected to an owner's name, I have no idea how the photo existing in the public domain could impact a current owner.

Maybe someone is doxing serial numbers? :) Seriously though I think this is one of those issues where logic doesn't play out over thoughts or emotions. IME people who believe this are really ALL in on it.

Milsurps are pretty low down on the government's list of things to chase, even a semi-automatic like the G43. I would love to know crime statistics for the G/K43 since 1945. The only real issue I can think of regarding a G43 or any German firearm for that matter, is that the Germans typically used four digit serial numbering with suffixes and usually rolled the numbers over each year. Because of the way serial numbers are recorded here, the suffixes, manufacturers, and years are usually disregarded and that means you can have many of the same firearm that have the same serial number as far as the government is concerned. If serial number 9909 G43 is reported stolen, you could have trouble proving that your G43 9909c is not stolen property. But like I said, minus some way to tie a weapon serial number in a photo to an actual person, I don't know where anyone in law enforcement would go with that.

I would think that since these pics exist at all, it must've been posted on the internet somewhere and said owner doesn't really have a leg to stand on. Once it's out there, it's out there. As I see it anyways...

And other with some sort of WaA stamp

View attachment 174849

(3rd pic in post 3 was what I meant to have in the quote - can someone fix it?)

I am kinda old and stupid and it just dawned on me that this appears to be a five digit serial number - which would be the first one I recognized on a G/K43.

That last number appears to be a number and not an alpha - am I looking at it wrong?

(oh crap, it is a large letter "A" not an 8 like I thought, sorry)

Military Rifle Journal
Back