Third Party Press
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: First K43 ID info requested

I don't know why I said Type 2 with 2 holes.

Numrich just called theirs mid to late war with 2 holes.

I have never seen a two holed gas cylinder. Only have seen the Type 3 with the one large hole. Do you have a picture of a two hole gas cylinder?

Quote Originally Posted by Rogerbutthead View Post
    I don't know why I said Type 2 with 2 holes.

Numrich just called theirs mid to late war with 2 holes.

I have never seen a two holed gas cylinder. Only have seen the Type 3 with the one large hole. Do you have a picture of a two hole gas cylinder?
    Yes I do. It's a phosphate cylinder off an ac45.

ac45_1.JPG
    ac45_2.JPG
    ac45_3.JPG
    Last edited by GunKraut; 04-16-2018 at 01:07 PM.

Thanks for the picture.

I might have some too, I never take them off to see if the hole goes thru both sides. lol

Well this one is a four hole, no clue who, or why? Looks like a lot of trouble for a rifle which was not shot much, or at all? Very odd to me, but I've seen a lot of odd pertaining to old guns.

P1030180.JPGP1030181.JPGP1030182.JPGP1030183.JPGP1030184.JPGP1030185.JPGP1030186.JPGP1030187.JPGP1030188.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by befus View Post
    Well this one is a four hole, no clue who, or why? Looks like a lot of trouble for a rifle which was not shot much, or at all? Very odd to me, but I've seen a lot of odd pertaining to old guns.
    I stand corrected. Due to the better pictures I believe this could be a Type 2 cylinder, although I've never encountered one like this with the unusual curvature around the neck area. The bleed holes still make no sense. Are they internally blued or do the look like they were drilled after blueing?

Definitely after, you can even see little drill chatter marks. Though for the life of me I can't figure out why it would be done? It screams Bubba, but why would someone ruin a perfectly good gas cylinder as they are not cheap as you know, to just add a couple of holes based on what? A cylinder that was numbered to a gun at some time, so it brings into question lots of things that we will never know the answers to.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I’ll bet a prior owner tried to tame the recoil and drilled those holes in a gas cylinder he found, laid the original gas cylinder to the side and once he sold the rifle, either lost or just didn’t bother putting the original gas cylinder back in.

Just for reference, I dug out the closest one I have, 3916 d - and it has a phosphate 2 hole gas cylinder.