Third Party Press

Collection

Absolutely fantastic and quality collection! Love the high polish and blue on those early pieces they look like glass! Thanks for sharing and keep hunting.

Regards

Andyh

Frogs !

Hello gentlemen,

To collect the bayonets is also to take pleasure to recover their accessories ...
A few frogs received these last days ..
The first has a beautiful LW marking that I have not been able to completely decipher. Lg Nach Mg Komp 6/7 ??

A DAK green canvas frog. The bayonet is a matching Coppel GmbH 1939.

End of war simplified model with canvas and prestoff…. Bayonet is a matching CRS 44..

µ

Regards Aws :happy0180:

Last edited:
Nice LW marked frog, mostly Lg.Nachr.Ers.Komp. 6/7. Elite Diamant 40 looks nice too.
The canvas frog is very dark material, the stiching too white, possible a never used when real.
The other bayonets are nice, possible on 44crs was renewed blueing on blade. b.r.Andy

S/245 36 - Durkopp 37 - J.Sch 38

Hello gentlemen,

Double….
S/245 36 with handles replaced...

Best regards Aws

Interesting pieces,the S/245 36 is possible the grips were replaced, the blade looks from left side like proofed to sharpen?, but maybe its only on the pictures, the locking nut could be too a replacement. The frog looks nice.
The second one Durkopp could be too with replaced grips,as both material of grips were used, there could be only assembly numbers help.
Lastly a nice J.Sch. piece even 38 with wood grips, with web frog of similar color as previously reported. b.r.Andy

'Presstoff' now there's a word I haven't heard in decades. Can anyone tell me more about it. Perhaps who was a major supplier of the raw material ersatz leder? Was there a city or region that dominated production such as Soligen did with edged items? Or Ludensheid with stamped steel items? Thanks in advance.

Thanks Andy. My Mom was born in '36 so this was a word that was familiar to her. Interesting that they list '45 as the later year of use however I remember that dark brown pebble finish on cheaper cased goods like binoculars much later than that.

S/239 k

Hello gentlemen,
I had the chance to recover that very scarce other S/239 K
Family photos so…
One will go to Denmark at my friend Michael. :happy0180:

Best regards Aws

Double the pleasure on those S/239 K and you seem to be a great friend to have. Thanks again for sharing your great collection.

Horster !

Hello gentlemen,
A lot found together, I couldn't let him go..

Happy Christmas:happy0180:

Nice Hoerster offcourse, the first one probably not worried in frog, as no signs of using in it.b.r.Andy

Military Rifle Journal
Back