Third Party Press

Small Bore Mauser Parts "Want" List

Fal Grunt

I had a gentleman recently contact me about having some extractor collars and an extractor made for his Mauser 22 rifles.

I wanted to put this thread up to gauge interest on other parts.

If there is enough interest I will ask Mr. Speed or Mr. Simpson if either have any other drawings. If anyone here has drawings they are willing to share, please let me know.

At this time with the limited interest, I cannot justify reverse engineering the parts and sell them for a reasonable cost.

The two most common parts wanted seem to be the handguard retaining ring and the cleaning rod/stacking rod (DSM/KKW). Those parts I DO have prints for and will probably make a batch of parts at some point, but again, there must be enough demand to make a batch of them.

If you have a need for parts, please post them here, please be sure to include MAKE and MODEL.

the later parts you mention are already being made and I wouldn't want to see you dump resourses into making them when you could be making something not being made. The extractor and collar are made of tempered steel and would be very difficult to reproduce I would think ?
They do often break though.

Last edited:
I would be interested in DSM and KKW hand guard retaining rings extractors for DSM’s, and pine for DSM’s.

Mauser99, if possible would you list the sources for the DSM/KKW retaining ring and cleaning/stacking rods? I only ask because I have had numerous people ask me to make them, as if a source is not available. Now maybe that is a quality/price issue... I really do not know. I will be blunt and say, my prices will almost always be higher, but so will the quality.

KKW22cal, funny you should mention pine. I ordered rails and bearings today to increase capacity on the duplicator so that I can cut full length Mauser stocks. I need two DSM stocks myself, but to be honest, there is a LOT of work there. It'll be difficult to keep the price reasonable for a finished stock by the time I buy walnut and machine the stock. On top of that, I need to make or source the misc small bits. I have a source for handguards but won't order any until I get some stocks made.

Already PM’d you before but adding it to this thread. I am interested in the DSM-34 extractors.

Mauser99, if possible would you list the sources for the DSM/KKW retaining ring and cleaning/stacking rods? I only ask because I have had numerous people ask me to make them, as if a source is not available. Now maybe that is a quality/price issue... I really do not know. I will be blunt and say, my prices will almost always be higher, but so will the quality.

KKW22cal, funny you should mention pine. I ordered rails and bearings today to increase capacity on the duplicator so that I can cut full length Mauser stocks. I need two DSM stocks myself, but to be honest, there is a LOT of work there. It'll be difficult to keep the price reasonable for a finished stock by the time I buy walnut and machine the stock. On top of that, I need to make or source the misc small bits. I have a source for handguards but won't order any until I get some stocks made.

Yes, I thought I had posted this info here before if I haven't I apologize. Don Schlickman is a credit to the hobby like so many. He's mostly a Japanese collector and makes tons of impossible to find parts for Jap weapons. He also re-tips firing pins. He sent me samples of his wares and they are great quality. He has an 11 page pdf of parts. I cant attach it here as its too large. Great guy and very willing to help.
email is dfsjpn[AT]aol.com for contact. Stacking rods and other parts. he even makes Walther sport modell stacking rods. I'm sure he could make most anything given the time. Lez in Poland also make great "drop in" hand guards and duffle cut end pieces and upper bands. I just bought one.. Send him good clear photos of the stock and he can match the wood almost perfectly.

Parts needed

I need the handguard, both bands, and the cleaning rod for a DSM. It sounds like I should buy a safety to keep as a spare. Can you guys help me out? Thanks. Al

Does anyone have spare parts for Mauser es350B rear sights. In particular the windage screw, the movable windage carrier, and the reversible rear sight blade?
Thanks
Mike

I would be interested in DSM and KKW hand guard retaining rings extractors for DSM’s, and pine for DSM’s.

I found years ago one could use one of the handguard retaining rings which slip over the barrel like from a M1903A3 or Kar98az. The curvature is very close to those on the a DSM or KKW. A bit of grinding with a Dremel, use of a round piece of stock (which approximates the barrel) as a form to reshape the curved piece of donor steel, and you will have a very respectable ersatz replacement. Also discovered some of the Mauser 98 pattern Foreign rifles have hand guards which can be cut back from the rear end and with a new retaining lip ground onto them, make a nearly perfect replacement DSM/KKW handguard as well.

Military Rifle Journal
Back