Third Party Press
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Small Bore Mauser Parts "Want" List

I got a PM from someone sayings Don's email wasn't working..

dfsjpn@aol.com

Forum Newbie

Default Parts needed

I need the handguard, both bands, and the cleaning rod for a DSM. It sounds like I should buy a safety to keep as a spare. Can you guys help me out? Thanks. Al

Thank you mauser99 I tried the email you posted the other day and Don replied thanks again Kevin

Does anyone have spare parts for Mauser es350B rear sights. In particular the windage screw, the movable windage carrier, and the reversible rear sight blade?
    Thanks
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by KKW22cal View Post
    I would be interested in DSM and KKW hand guard retaining rings extractors for DSMís, and pine for DSMís.
    I found years ago one could use one of the handguard retaining rings which slip over the barrel like from a M1903A3 or Kar98az. The curvature is very close to those on the a DSM or KKW. A bit of grinding with a Dremel, use of a round piece of stock (which approximates the barrel) as a form to reshape the curved piece of donor steel, and you will have a very respectable ersatz replacement. Also discovered some of the Mauser 98 pattern Foreign rifles have hand guards which can be cut back from the rear end and with a new retaining lip ground onto them, make a nearly perfect replacement DSM/KKW handguard as well.