Third Party Press

Out of the woodwork Dou 43

On a Czech rifle? Interesting. I'd love to know what that 'owl' marking is.
Here are pictures of mine, when I said the markings are faint, I meant it. But they're definitely there. Naked eye picks them up better than the camera, but I tried.
That weird mark with the oak leaf and 9 and then WaA938 (is at the tip of my thumb(can seriously barely see a mark with the camera)
68508592c789d63498c8bf82986b0317.jpg
a117a090304999da019b79b19816f177.jpg
ea92acab394cb44999f6e1394da87ba6.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

So that's it then? It 'looks' like the stamp on the keeper is a simpler design of their logo without as much detail as the stamp used on the sling. At a minimum the size of the nine is scaled differently and I don't make out any oak leaf detail like in the sling version of the stamp.

So that's it then? It 'looks' like the stamp on the keeper is a simpler design of their logo without as much detail as the stamp used on the sling. At a minimum the size of the nine is scaled differently and I don't make out any oak leaf detail like in the sling version of the stamp.
Appears that would be the case. I'm not sure exactly what they were going for. '9' must have some sort of significance to the manufacturer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Appears that would be the case. I'm not sure exactly what they were going for. '9' must have some sort of significance to the manufacturer.

Family coat of arms? Ninth generation leather works? 9 on an oak leaf on a bear skin. 938 was the inspection team in Klagenfurt. Here's a bit better photo of the logo. 1942.jpg

My VERY first impression of this rifle was that it was way too early to have stamped bands, but I know little of the Czech built 98's.

Military Rifle Journal
Back